Mexican food - what are your thoughts Sheffield?

shpoolx

something that isn't the same as the last dish just wrapped in a different way....

I know its an ignorant comment, but that is my point, surely their is more to Mexico than what some current establishments offer. I have a Mexican cook book at home, never heard of half the dishes or ingrediants!!

Would be well up for somewhere that was offering a well rounded menu to feast my well rounded belly on....

i understand completely, it's not ignorant at all, in fact hoorah because sheffielders' will no longer accept sub standard food. as part of the mexican repertoire they have tomato, chocolate, peanuts, avacado, chillie, various beans, turkey, maize, various cheese's and much more.

Mexican - I like Tex mex food and think that Mexico has had to go that way TBH... when i went to Acapulco, many of the restaurants around were adopting this sort of menu. I love veggie fajitas. Like Chilli poppers. Like Corncakes. Like mole. Like guacamole. Like pretty much anything veggie.

A proper Mexican restaurant, that offers the Tex mex stuff on the side would be excellent. Where is your restaurant going to be?

Would you have merengue nights? And free tequila shots? (On second thoughts perhaps i am the customer you want to keep out!:o)

Why did the Mexican murder his wife?

Because he wanted tequila.

Sorry (Borrows Mel's coat)

Bring it on! I've been saying for ages we need a good Mexican restaurant.. I was hoping for something with a wide variety of food, stylish / simple surroundings.. not too expensive.. nice drinks... live music? :)

I like Las Iguanas but its a bit lacking in atmosphere and the food is nice but its all a bit "chain restaurant" really. Theres definitely a gap in the market!

When do you open!?

I didn't say it was bad. I do like the food there and I go quite often (the early lunch menu and the cocktail offers are a personal favourite!).

But I think theres room for improvement, a more varied menu which has nightly or weekly specials would be nice, a more earthy feel to the restaurant perhaps (West one feels a bit like a tarted up warehouse - tho las Iguanas have some lovely features like that huge mirror and the interesting coloured glass chandelier), live music would be fun.. I'd be there all night stuffing my face with more food and more cocktails :D

A decent burrito, as I have yet to find one!

Note to all the supposed "mexican" restaurants (Las Iguanas, Chiquitos...), a burrito is not just chilli in a tortilla wrap. It needs cheese, refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, rice, etc... ON THE INSIDE. Not just a dollop of guacamole on top.

Everyone should take a trip to Mario's restaurant in Berkely, CA. The "Super Burrito" would feed you for several days.

A decent burrito, as I have yet to find one!

Note to all the supposed "mexican" restaurants (Las Iguanas, Chiquitos...), a burrito is not just chilli in a tortilla wrap. It needs cheese, refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, rice, etc... ON THE INSIDE. Not just a dollop of guacamole on top.

Everyone should take a trip to Mario's restaurant in Berkely, CA. The "Super Burrito" would feed you for several days.

any more ideas?;)

Archived