Anns Road School

Banksia

Originally posted by MarkB

I used to go to that school. i drove past the other day and there was all fencing aound it so they were doing something. I suspect it is being demolished:rant:

Thanks for the feedback MarkB. I went to that school too as did my entire family. It was only last year I called in to have a look around and the caretaker told me that the place was to be turned into a community centre with display of the history of the school and area. It saddens me to think that another part of my own history is probably gone forever along with the Heeley Green Cinema. Maybe there is still some hope that what the caretaker told me is actually happening do you think ?

They are only demolishing the small concrete 60/70 extension.

The old school buildings are to be retained for community use.

A whole new school is to be built on the playground with south facing windows and a turf roof like Heeley City Farm.

I live nearby and the council sent us details of the plans.

Yes there was something about it on Calender a few weeks ago I got the last bit of the film.I used to go to Annes Road myself when I lived on Foster Road in the 60s some happy memories

Originally posted by vahcon

They are only demolishing the small concrete 60/70 extension.

The old school buildings are to be retained for community use.

A whole new school is to be built on the playground with south facing windows and a turf roof like Heeley City Farm.

I live nearby and the council sent us details of the plans.

Thanks so much for that ! I was hoping that what I learned when I looked around the place last year was correct. I do recall the caretaker telling me that they would get rid of the extension as it's not a part of the original building. I'm a happy bunny now !

I look forward to seeing it all the next time I am over there.

So what grades will the new school accomodate do you know ?:clap:

Originally posted by MarkB

They actually filmed part of When Saturday Comes in that school. The one with Sean Bean in it.

I thought it was Woodthorpe School but could be wrong anyone got any idea's if it was Annes Road?

Archived