Nice country pubs around Sheffield

ukstudent

Monsal Head Stables is a must.

Cracking food and superb real ales (including Theakston's Old Peculier). You can sit inside the stables bar (with its fire) or sit outside overlooking the railway viaduct and stunning valley beneath.

Heaven is a place on earth.

If you are getting there by public transport....

The Plough at Low Bradfield (buses 61/62)

The Millstone above Hathersage (bus 272)

The Cheshire Cheese at Hope (bus 272/274)

The Rambler Inn at Edale (train)

The Cricket Inn at Totley (97/218/M17 bus)

All above are in scenic locations, are nice pubs and have real ale.

Oh and the legendry one you have to do once.... doesn't fall into the nice category neccessarily but has bags of character....

The Three Stags Head at Wardlow Mires (bus 65)

Just don't ask for draught lager. Or hate dogs. And don't drink too much of the Lurcher Ale, it's frickin strong!

My favourite is the Royal Oak near Barlow / Millthorpe. Great little pub, friendly people, and very very good home cooked food! And no I don't work there.... Its a bit out of the way but that makes it better imo!

The Cheshire Cheese in Hope is my favourite. No views I'm afraid but it's a lovely old pub. It's been a pub since the 13th century apparently. The beer's top notch too, never had a less than perfect pint there.

Archived