Nice country pubs around Sheffield

ukstudent

We went to the Mustard Pot yesterday, and had great food and good service. Been a few times and not been disappointed.

I've been there twice in past 18 months - once was really disappointing and the other time was so bad we left half way through and drove somewhere else instead.

Got to agree the Old horns is terrific, down side is have to drive so restricted unless girlfriend does the honours!!

Strines Moor Inn is also nice, but again only accessed by car.

Try the Scottsman's Pack in Hathersage, stunning food and nice location, access by bus or train. Look it up though as it's not on a main road but only five minutes walk from station.

really like the Plough inn - its between Hathersage and Grindleford.

Also Dore Moor lovely, but a chain pub when it comes to the food - which is a shame, as menu is same as other places.

For a chain, I think the Dore Moor is quite good. I ate there on Saturday when my girls and I sat in the beer garden. Rarely have a problem with the quality of food.

The Plough at Leadmill Bridge has a beautiful beer garden with a terrace overlooking it. It lies in such a wonderful location. My only wish is that it still sold Tennant's Extra (but you'll not find that anywhere in England!).

I would recommend:

Old Horns in Bradfield and Admiral Rodney in Loxley have great views and decent food - the latter is actually just about walkable from Hillsborough.

It is feasible to walk to the Old Horns from Hillsborough, as indeed I have done on many an occasion, to wit straight through Loxley and then via Damflask. The main advantage is that, once you arrive there, you are suitably hungry.

Archived