Advice please on verrucas

After having a verruca for 4months and it spreading to 3 verrucas I am at a loss what to do next.

Got some liquid to paint on from the doctors but found it too runny. Bought some Bazuka cream from chemist which is much easier to apply but still can't get rid of them.

Am told that swimming isn't now banned like it used to be whilst having a verruca. This seems like a stupid idea to me as that is obviously how it is spread.

Any other solutions out there?

Have you tried going to a chiropodist? They sometimes have some mega powerful acid stuff that practically burns a hole in your foot!

(As a child, my chiropodist actually did burn a hole in my foot and I couldn't walk properly for about a week... but don't let that put you off! :lol: )

Also, I assume you followed the instructions. I had a wart that took about 6 weeks to disappear after applying this stuff every day... it seems like it's doing nothing but then it starts to work...

I got some of the mega powerful acid stuff from the dr... but it was YEARS ago since I've had a verruca.

It burned throught the thing within 2 days and since then I've had NO trouble (touching wood).

Have you googled the question to see if the WWW has an answer?

Youre best off going to get it frozen off at the chiropadist although there is a new product out on the market that claims to freeze them off. I forget what its called but there was an advert on TV for it last week.

'lo, Mo.

Firstly, try your doc again. There may be a nurse available in the clinic, as there is in mine. Sometimes they will do the burning or freezing, which will save you a penny or two.

There's also a new treatment out called - I think , the Dentron Biogun. It sounds like a weapon of mass destruction, and in some ways, I suppose it it. It is very good for severe and cluster verrucas, and has a very high success rate. I've got a feeling it may not be available on the NHS, but there are certainly a growing number of chiropadists that use them.

http://www.dentron.co.uk/NewVernonpaper.htm

I don't work for them, I just have a chiropodist friend!

...or you could just try amputation...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have contacted my drs and he does a 'freezing' surgery when he has a long enough list of patients who want to lose bits. I was wondering can you get verrucas elsewhere on your body or are they just called warts?

• 2 years later...
Originally posted by Mo

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have contacted my drs and he does a 'freezing' surgery when he has a long enough list of patients who want to lose bits. I was wondering can you get verrucas elsewhere on your body or are they just called warts?

pretty much the same virus. :thumbsup:

My lad used Formaldehyde solution (from GP's) and it worked wonderfully :clap: He had a cluster of about 12 on his big tooer

when my daughter had about 20!! verrucas she sat and pulled them all out with the tweezers! though i wouldnt really recommend this but, she had tried various treatments including the doctors help and chiropodist. i think the treatment must have worked somewhat for her to be able to get them out with the tweezers

Archived