Here's looking at you George.

Texas

there are a few GC items that I am selling if anybody is interested. A full set of his limited edition hand drawings - 5 pictures framed and still sealed with the hibbert stamp on the seal. They are number all numbered 43

I just bought a copy of the book "By George!" by Geo. Cunningham for my father to enjoy.

we spent a good couple of hours poring over the pictures in his "autobiog' " as they were streets my father knew well growing up near there, himself. It was great to hear his memories of Turners on London road, and the other streets and buildings now gone.

Some of the stories that George Cunningham's work brings out of people, are stories that you just couldn't make up. I remember a few stories from George whilst he was with us, where you were always left on tenterhooks right up till he delivered the punchline. Superb imagery on his work. I love his xmas cards that he did. He was a gentle person with a huge amount of time for people.

LazyH, it was, it was the old LMS line(Midland), that was the point I was trying to make, hence the artistic license remark. What the hell though, I still love it. He's good on surfaces, the slightly damp street. Actually you could just have the scene beneath the arch and forget the rest. Hey, I'm going all artistic.

And Rubydaz, the book I got was published by Hibberts. 1987 I think, in good nick aswell.

• 11 months later...

I've accrued quite a few Cunningham Christmas Cards over the years (obviously depicting Sheffield scenes) and have them framed and displayed through my house. I had the pleasure of meeting George a few years ago at his 'local' along with some mutual friends, he personnaly signed me some other cards which I also value very much.

• 4 years later...
I've accrued quite a few Cunningham Christmas Cards over the years (obviously depicting Sheffield scenes) and have them framed and displayed through my house. I had the pleasure of meeting George a few years ago at his 'local' along with some mutual friends, he personnaly signed me some other cards which I also value very much.

Re my earlier post on George, would his personally signed cards ie 'Best wishes to Jack and Heather' signed George Cunningham, be worth anything?

Archived