Sunday Dinner in Town - any recommendations, must include vegetarian?

If you want good food your best getting slightly out of town. The Stag at Netheredge does excellent sunday roasts and also has it's normal menu for veggie stuff. If I wanted a nice Sunday dinner I personally would not go to Weatherspoons but it is cheap. I did once make the mistake of going to LLoyds and it was as bad if not worse than I expected (and I did not expect much!)

Well if you don't mind eating sh*t reheated food then Spoons or Lloyds will fit the bill, if you want something a bit nicer then you could see if Sanctuary is still doing food, their evening menu is good but I don't know about the Sunday food or menu. Ruskins do some food on Sundays and is close to the station. The Graduate does a sunday roast but again, it's pretty generic pub chain student fair, thinking about it so does the Museum! Infact most of the food in town on Sundays is crap! I shall try and think of somewhere better!

Devonshire Arms, Very Bottom Eccesall Rd, does Sunday Lunch Parking also available. Served from 12-3. Vegetarian changes, this week was brie and cranberry parcel. Small menu, 1 starter, 2 roasts, 4 desserts. Main course £4.95 Pork or beef, Mash, Roast, Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower and peas. All cooked to order so takes a bit longer if its busy, but whos in a rush for Sunday lunch! Better to have small menu done well than a big one and have to have microwaved rubbish I think. There is another thread on here somwhere with several positive comments if you can find it!

Archived