The Fulwood Inn

Vanbast

Does anyone know what the veggy options are like please?

Yes they are picked fresh from the rich lush fields of our beautiful countryside with only the best and finest of the vegetables being selected................................ then frozen for 3 years and microwaved for 2minutes when you order them:hihi:

• 1 month later...

Just being to the Fulwood inn , great meal as alway and it was busy so looks like trade is picking up for them. Noticed that they are having a quiz night every sunday at 9 , £1.00 per game i think it was but with a free buffet, cant go wrong , gonna give it a try i rekon, anybody else up for it ?

Does anyone know what the veggy options are like please?

Yep:

Option 1: Eat meat

Option 2: Go elsewhere

That seems reasonable:hihi:

Just being to the Fulwood inn , great meal as alway and it was busy so looks like trade is picking up for them. Noticed that they are having a quiz night every sunday at 9 , £1.00 per game i think it was but with a free buffet, cant go wrong , gonna give it a try i rekon, anybody else up for it ?

You're not the manager are you perchance?? :hihi:

• 10 months later...

Went to the Fullwood Inn today and took advantage of the ‘two for one offer’.. Only one word could be used to describe the experience, repulsive!

I was there with my partner, who ordered a Seafood Salad (£9.00), I ordered Lasagne (£8.00). Including drinks the bill came to around £16.00.

The Lasagne was obviously a microwave meal, poured out of its packet into an oven dish, with a shabby side salad thrown on, consisting of lettuce and cabbage.

The Seafood Salad proved to be the most astonishing, it was simply a chopped lettuce, with a few prawns and a tin of tuna scattered on.

Suffice to say, we complained, to which the manager asked what we expect for the money.. I replied good quality food. It astonishes me how pubs such as the Three Merry Lads can serve up good quality food, for around the same price, while chain pubs serve up trash and expect the customers to be grateful.

I will not be returning to the Fullwood Inn, as in my opinion, the food is vile and the service is below disgusting.

Went to the Fullwood Inn today and took advantage of the ‘two for one offer’.. Only one word could be used to describe the experience, repulsive!

I was there with my partner, who ordered a Seafood Salad (£9.00), I ordered Lasagne (£8.00). Including drinks the bill came to around £16.00.

The Lasagne was obviously a microwave meal, poured out of its packet into an oven dish, with a shabby side salad thrown on, consisting of lettuce and cabbage.

The Seafood Salad proved to be the most astonishing, it was simply a chopped lettuce, with a few prawns and a tin of tuna scattered on.

Suffice to say, we complained, to which the manager asked what we expect for the money.. I replied good quality food. It astonishes me how pubs such as the Three Merry Lads can serve up good quality food, for around the same price, while chain pubs serve up trash and expect the customers to be grateful.

I will not be returning to the Fullwood Inn, as in my opinion, the food is vile and the service is below disgusting.

Can only disagree with you on this one. They make no secret of the food being prepared 'off site' etc and my experience of the Fulwood Inn has been good. My last experience of the Three Merry Lads however was far from good, the food was not hot and my steak and ale pie had two bits of meat in it and more mushrooms than you would expect to find in a mushroom pie alone? Staff just laughed. And your meal at the TML would have been closer to £24 not £16.

Its hit and miss with me at Fulwood. I do think that no matter how much (or little) you pay, it should not effect the level of customer service. I've on many occassions left Fulwood saying 'I will definately not be going back there', not only because of the service but because of the quality of food. I will admit, I have had some nice meals there but you can never gaurentee it.

I've had good and bad here and to be honest, it's pretty much what one can expect from a '2 for 1' pub.

It'll never be excellent but it should not mean they're serving up rubbish.

IMO, good food places don't need to dress up their offers by way of 'b.o.g.o.f.' or '2 for 1'.

I agree also with the poster who had a poor time at the Three Merry Lads. We called in last Sunday and the meat from the roast was as tough as old boots. But then again, I've been before and had superb food.

I've had good and bad here and to be honest, it's pretty much what one can expect from a '2 for 1' pub.

It'll never be excellent but it should not mean they're serving up rubbish.

IMO, good food places don't need to dress up their offers by way of 'b.o.g.o.f.' or '2 for 1'.

Totally agree ousetunes, it too often happens that pubs that offer 2 for 1 are usually presenting food of half the quality that you would reasonably expect.

Archived