The Fulwood Inn

Vanbast

• 4 months later...
I have just driven past The Fulwood Inn and noticed that it is now a 'Two for One' pub. Not the Purple/ Yellow logo, Aunt Sally's variety but the one with the brown sign.

Does anybody know if it's open yet and if so has anybody tried it? Has it changed at all from its previous form?

We tried it a couple of months back - we went in not expecting much, being a two for one, but the food was surprisingly good :)

Went back a couple of weeks later and it was packed so we asked the staff how long we could expect to wait as we had our two year old with us - they couldn't give us an estimation and didn't seem bothered - that's the downside, the service - the staff all seemed to be 'young and inexperienced' both times we went in.

Worth a punt, tough :)

• 3 weeks later...

I went to The Fulwood Inn last year for Christmas Day, and to be honest I was slightly unsure about forking out I think it was 50 quid for what I thought would be pub grub (microwave jobbi) Anyway I could'nt have been further away from that If I tried. A beautiful fresh cooked on the day 6 course meal, I ate everything from Dover sole to Vennison, the staff worked liked troupers I actually wanted to give them a tip (very unusuall for me) The room was set up with fresh white linen, a small gift for everyone, (not out of the crackers) & The atmosphere was that of a hands on family business, attentive charming, friendly, & the table was ours for the whole day... Last week I made the mistake of treating a friend of mine to Lunch... Horrendous, £20 for a steak... since when has that been 2 for 1 it was like rubber, the chips were still frozen & there was a hair on my tom... The man that served it to me did not smell very nice & 20mins prior was stood outside having a fag.. I have since written to the current occupiers because I felt I could not complain in front of my friend, who polietly said not to worry, but at 20 quid (without drinks) I was slightly shocked. Interested to know what happened there on xmas day anyone?

I shall be giving a wide birth for a while :):(

• 3 weeks later...

visited the Fulwood Inn last night after hearing many good comments from friends also they commented on what a great night a great night new years eve was. I went with my two younger kids and as soon as we walked in we was greeted with a smile. it was fairly busy but we got a nice table and within two minutes we were asked for our drinks order. the staff were all friendly and could not do enougth for you. The young chap that served us brought my kids some colouring sheets in and showed us the kids menu. The food was great and really good value the bill came to £33 for 5 drinks 1 main course , 2 kids meals and 2 desserts. I will be visiting very soon with my familly and cant wait to return. A*

JLP

Archived