The Fulwood Inn

Vanbast

We went to the Fulwood Inn yesterday and was totally dissappointed. The staff were rude, and although food was nioce was unable to even assist us when we wanted to swap the garlic bread with our mains for chips. Apparently its against the head chefs policy. Staff also were rude when serving and generally had a very unpleasant time.

Food is excellent go there once a week for tea, Used to go to Aunt Sallies NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fullwood Inn everytime for me Give it a try!!!!! Excellent Value

Revenge is a dish best served cold!!!!

We went to the Fulwood Inn yesterday and was totally dissappointed. The staff were rude, and although food was nioce was unable to even assist us when we wanted to swap the garlic bread with our mains for chips. Apparently its against the head chefs policy. Staff also were rude when serving and generally had a very unpleasant time.

I understand them saying no to swapping garlic bread for chips as thats how the meal comes , with garlic bread and they are plenty of other meals that come with chips, and you can always buy a side order for under £2 if you really want chips. I dont undestand why people order a meal but want to swap things on the meal. I went at the weekend and they were very busy and can understand them completely why they said no to your request. Also i dont know why you think the staff are rude as i have being in lots of time when it has been busy and quite and the staff are nice , jolly and cant do enougth for you. But i guess you cant please everybody.

I dont undestand why people order a meal but want to swap things on the meal.

Is it so difficult to make a minor change to a meal? Chain pubs which have a rigid fixed menu with no possibility of a simple change may make life easier for the management and staff, but there's nothing in that for the customer.

as a chef in a hotel i do understand why they said no even people who use microwaves have gps to keep to what you should ask yourself is why did they say no it is not always down to the head chef. The other option is don,t go 2.4.1 and pay for a proper meal I would like to see if you give things away in you daily job cattering staff have a hard time as it si with out people like you and mystproperty pulling them down you could find where your cooker is and stop at home

My husband and I went two weeks ago for a drink. Took a long time to get served although was not busy. This older lady served us with short blondy grey hair, surly downturned mouth - not sure if she is the landlady. Made no eye contact, no smile, no welcoming chat. Just got the drink with face like thunder and turned away. We went to sit on this settee which had low coffee table in front of it with magazines on in very neat rows. Sat down, looked at a magazine put it down on the settee and chatted. Five minutes later she came up to us, pointed at the magazine, curtly asked if we'd finished with it and put it back on the table and with utmost precision lined it back up with all the others, turned on her heel and walked away. How not to make your customers feel welcome...to think we'd dared to pick up one of the mags (put out for customers to read), and wrecked her neat pattern! Needless to say with hospitality like that we finished our drink quickly, went and shall not be going back. OCD springs to mind as well.

Well i'm sticking to my guns and never going back there again. Life is too short to be spoken too in a rude way and I'm definately not paying to be met with a miserable and unhelpful attitude. And thanks danny6288, I know where my cooker is!!

we called in for our diner there yesterday, I must say that the staff were far from rude. we went and sat at a table within 5 mins a very polite young man came and took our drinks order and brought them to the table, then he came back and took our food order. Food was fine, exactly what you would expect for a 2-4-1 pub (if not a little better). I had a cheese cake for afters and it was very well presented and very very nice.

when I went to pay my bill the chap serving was very talkative and even knew what we had without looking at the bill,asked us if the meal was o.k. must say I was not expecting it to be great after reading this thread.. but I was wrong, we will certainly be going back again :thumbsup:

The food is nothing special, but what can you expect when it's so cheap? However, the staff are lovely (apart from the landlady mentioned above who is possibly awaiting being sectioned) and cheerful and they are very welcoming to well behaved children. The place is comfortable and nicely decorated. I'd advise waiting round the corner till the ambulance has carted her away and then going in! I'm definitely going to have a faff with those mags when I go in to see what happens. Might just tip her over the top.

Archived