The Fulwood Inn

Vanbast

I'm curious. The friendly waitress. Is she the one with the deranged smile who cocks her head to one side as though she's a rare species of Budgie and then stares meaningfully at you as though you can actually see through her head and out the other side where there is a large board telling you she's actually going to run in the back get a meat cleaver and plunge it into your chest. Oh yes she's lovely!:hihi:

Lol, no I don't think I have met that one!

The one I mean is the one who calls you darling with every other word, but does get the food order right and is willing to give us an extra meal to share on the two for one offer when we have an odd number of diners.

We have eaten here about 4 times during the last couple of months. Myself hubby and 2 kids, I would have to say that each visit has been different. The first time we have a lovely young man serving us, very chatty and polite, our food was "nice" nothing outstanding but perfectly adequate for the price we paid. I thought the kids portions were a good size. The last time we went about 2 weeks ago I chose the Lasagne which comes with garlic bread but I fancied some chips as well so ordered a side portion, these arrived when I was half way through my meal and had about 10 chips in a bowl(£1.60!). We all ordered a desert and for some reason mine never arrived, I had to go up to the bar and ask where it was, I was told someone would bring it right out, I got it about another 10 mins later but the waitress did say she would remove cost from our bill.

On the whole I quite enjoy The Fulwood, I feel quite relaxed bringing the kids, and will continue to go there, unless it changes.

• 2 months later...
We went there for the 2 for 1 meal,and the food was very poor...both meals had been blastered in the microwave,my burger was like a burnt bit of rubber.The salad looked weeks old...give it a miss,pity its a nice building.

I know someone who went today and they said the food was very poor quality. But they had been before and it was nice.

Ive been once and agree about the microwave bit - I had the combo thing where you get rump steak, ribs and chicken wings and the ribs were very dry and didn't taste right. You could tell they had just been microwaved. The Tiger Prawn starter was mint but I wouldn't go back specifically for a starter.

• 1 month later...

Went earlier this evening, nice and quiet, hardly anyone in...

...after an hour we had to ask where the food was...

...and when it started to arrive, it took 12 minutes from the first to the last dish...

...out of the 8 meals, 6 were acceptable (but only just), and 2 were awful (one went straight back to the kitchen, the other was abandoned after a brief attempt at eating it)...

...obviously negotiated a sizable discount, but...

...let's just say, we won't be rushing back.

Went earlier this evening, nice and quiet, hardly anyone in...

...after an hour we had to ask where the food was...

...and when it started to arrive, it took 12 minutes from the first to the last dish...

...out of the 8 meals, 6 were acceptable (but only just), and 2 were awful (one went straight back to the kitchen, the other was abandoned after a brief attempt at eating it)...

...obviously negotiated a sizable discount, but...

...let's just say, we won't be rushing back.

Why can't the owners / managers see what is happenning, one poor visit and your custome is lost, there is too much competition to allow this to happen.

I am sooo disapointed I really want this place to work we had a bad experience there a year or so agao went back recently thinking that after the refurb might be better.... shame staff quiet obviouly thought serving you was an effort and inconvenience, food microwave mania.

It could be really nice such a shame.

Why can't the owners / managers see what is happenning, one poor visit and your custome is lost, there is too much competition to allow this to happen.

It's got plenty of potential as it's in a nice setting and inside it is well presented and very spacious as well. The prices are good as well when you get a 2 for 1 and it isn' that cheap because of poor quality ingredients so they wouldn't have to put prices up to serve good food - it's the way the food is cooked (i.e. mostly in the microwave.) that is the problem.

Archived