Facial hair advice

Awww you've all given me an inferiority complex now, but I'm loth to give up my face fuzz that I've had for half a lifetime now.........

Oh please don't shave it off! Crap beards make me feel secure in the knowledge that in shaving mine off I did the right thing, and also in knowing that I'm not alone!

Oh please don't shave it off! Crap beards make me feel secure in the knowledge that in shaving mine off I did the right thing, and also in knowing that I'm not alone!

Ummm--you are making an assumption that my beard is a crap one--I'll have you knowit is a fine specimen!! :P

I'm 28 and my any attempt at facial hair on my part is pretty lame. I'm in a no win situation it's either shave,which i hate doing, or be stuck with patchy and thin facial hair.

I'm 28 and my any attempt at facial hair on my part is pretty lame. I'm in a no win situation it's either shave,which i hate doing, or be stuck with patchy and thin facial hair.

Maybe it'd be worth going for laser hair removal?

Expensive and takes time apparently, but you'd never have to shave again :D

Maybe it'd be worth going for laser hair removal?

Expensive and takes time apparently, but you'd never have to shave again :D

And I'd never live that one down.

Do we not think it's a bit weird that people seem to be saying they prefer men with no facial hair when surely having a beard has been the norm for tens of thousands of years? What's caused the turnaround? (aside from the invention of the disposable razor!)

(as an aside my wife loves a bit of a beard and is positively encouraging me to grow mine)

Archived