Facial hair advice

Do we not think it's a bit weird that people seem to be saying they prefer men with no facial hair when surely having a beard has been the norm for tens of thousands of years?

(as an aside my wife loves a bit of a beard and is positively encouraging me to grow mine)

Maybe, for thousands of years, men used facial hair instead of cars to impress other men ... ie look how manly I am, I have a HUUUGE beard?

Now they'd rather take notice of what women prefer and most women prefer smooth faces?

Well, except your wife of course, she's a woman in a thousand! I hope she enoys it when you have it - or maybe she just wants to make you unattractive to other women? :suspect:

Do we not think it's a bit weird that people seem to be saying they prefer men with no facial hair when surely having a beard has been the norm for tens of thousands of years? What's caused the turnaround? (aside from the invention of the disposable razor!)

(as an aside my wife loves a bit of a beard and is positively encouraging me to grow mine)

Yes, it's weird all right, but maybe there's a good reason: my guess is that it's something to do with humans becoming less hairy as they have evolved. Women will naturally seek a partner with the most up-to-date and evolutionarily advanced genes, i.e. a man with less body hair, a man with no beard, a man like me perhaps! :)

Nooo.... beards always make you look like you've got something to hide. They always end up with food in them. They are not a good look.

There was a rumour when i was in high school that one of my teachers had a swear word tattooed on his chin which is why he kept a very unkempt beard... as an adult i've since heard it was true! I'd love to see him again to see if i have been ribbed all this time!

Oh my god. Am I the only Beardy Weirdy here?! Not big old beards, but Chris Martin Style...

He just looks like he needs a good wash.

Beards - a very big no. Some can get away with it; generally physics lecturers over the age of 50, accessorised with half moon glasses and a bow tie.

The right degree of stubble on a dark-haired bloke can look very good; on others it just makes the man look vaguely unkempt. Stubble's a bugger for delicate skin though.

Archived