Neepsend lane - interested in it's history.

That tram is just passing Farfield Garage that used to be Sheffields Morgan cars dealership.

What I find strange about that pic is that there only appears to be one set of tram lines at that point. Am I missing something ? I spent all my younger days in the 50's to the 70's in that area and don't remember a one way section.

What I find strange about that pic is that there only appears to be one set of tram lines at that point. Am I missing something ? I spent all my younger days in the 50's to the 70's in that area and don't remember a one way section.

Part of the section between Rutland Road and Percy Street was single track because of the road width at that point.

That tram is just passing Farfield Garage that used to be Sheffields Morgan cars dealership.

Looks similar, gas tank in the background gives it away,

here's the tram from the other direction,

Tram No. 272 on Neepsend Lane with Neepsend Steel Tool Corporation Ltd., in the background

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoomWindow&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s18232&prevUrl=

Edited by retep

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/brian1941/Neepsandgasworks_zps9f3144b8.jpg

-------------

Another picture of Neepsend gas works, the farfield pub is now boarded up-

what a dive it was upto closing.

--------

On the first picture do you think its same tram as this one.

Hi Brian1941-the gas tank in the background I remember well,as kids we used to scale up the stairs on it for a dare,this was in the dark to make it more scary!.Our parents would have had kittens if they ever knew!:loopy::thumbsup:

Looks similar, gas tank in the background gives it away,

here's the tram from the other direction,

Tram No. 272 on Neepsend Lane with Neepsend Steel Tool Corporation Ltd., in the background

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?action=zoomWindow&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s18232&prevUrl=

That is a good photograph. You can see the stop/go light on the support standard to the left which controlled the tramcars on the single line .

Hi Brian1941-the gas tank in the background I remember well,as kids we used to scale up the stairs on it for a dare,this was in the dark to make it more scary!.Our parents would have had kittens if they ever knew!:loopy::thumbsup:

---------------

Yes you naughty lad, my parents would have scuffed me aswell. :hihi::hihi: