Pubs open in 3 while 7 slot Fulwood/Lodge Moor

How annoying! It was 3.20 PM on monday and I decided to go for a very quick pint with a friend, so sped up the road in the car to the 3 merry lads, which now appears to close at 3. Sped back 200 metres to the Sportsman, all locked up and empty car park.....sped back 1/2 mile to the Shiny Sheff, appeared to be closed, doors all shut, car park empty.....

Anyone in this area update me on which pubs stay open between 3pm and 6 or 7? Not been out locally in afternoon for some time so am out of touch. Did not check out the Bulls Head, Ranmoor Inn, Plough (Sandygate) or Fulwood Inn as ran out of time....

How annoying! It was 3.20 PM on monday and I decided to go for a very quick pint with a friend, so sped up the road in the car to the 3 merry lads, which now appears to close at 3. Sped back 200 metres to the Sportsman, all locked up and empty car park.....sped back 1/2 mile to the Shiny Sheff, appeared to be closed, doors all shut, car park empty.....

Anyone in this area update me on which pubs stay open between 3pm and 6 or 7? Not been out locally in afternoon for some time so am out of touch. Did not check out the Bulls Head, Ranmoor Inn, Plough (Sandygate) or Fulwood Inn as ran out of time....

This is what I call the Wednesday Dilema.

For Wednesday afternoon is the afternoon my wife and I manage to get a few hours' freedom! Usually we might go for a bite in the Sheff or the Sportsman but come three o'clock these places close (although if we were to have some summer the former might stay open).

So we have to head elsewhere and that place is likely to be Ranmoor. The Bull's Head, the Ranmoor Inn and the newly refurbished Fulwood Inn all stay open throughout the day. Also, the Rising Sun in Nethergreen is an all-dayer so that's another option.

The Bull has a new landlady/manageress and she seems nice. Plus there's the terrace on the front. The Ranmoor has recently been tarted up (not that you can tell) and as I said, the Fulwood has been done up impressively.

Plenty of decent pubs and all of which sell real ale. Then there's West 10 too!

Tried that myself yesterday. Went up to the 3 Merry Lads about 4:30 and it was closed!

The Rising Sun appears to open all day, went in at 3.30 today and stayed for at least an hour....we were the only 2 customers in though, it was very very quiet

The Dove and Rainbow is open at that time :D

Archived