Anyone go to bentsgreen school in the 80s

matiz

matiz, well, you have one over on me, dunno who you are, plus, don't remember a lot from my youth, you could walk past me and I wouldn't recognise ya, me on the other hand, I ain't changed in appearance much, just fatter, lol.

Im not sure the school is still there, i was told there are new houses built on the site now. Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

the housing was built on the school land that belonged to the Maud Maxfield School for the Deaf.

MMSFD became Folkwood School about 15 -odd years ago, and dealt with children who had emotional and behavioural difficulties.

the school building later became temporary accommodation for refugees/ asylum seekers, for a short time.

The school itself was demolished about 4, maybe 5 years ago and the new estate was built.

Bents Breen school is still very much there, and pretty much as it was when my sister was there.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived