Radio Music for Schools/50's

Hi

Does anyone know the name of the Radio Programme was that was used by schools in the 50's.It taught the words and music to old folk songs like Loch Lomond Strawberry Fair etc think it was broadcast on a Monday morning.We had a booklet to accompany it and at my school [burgoyne Rd] all the junior and senior classes gathered in the top hall and listened to the programme together

Hi Pietro

I dont think this is the programme I'm looking for.There was no music and movement just singing although I may have come across the other programme in the infants when we had to pretend we were a tree to the music!This was beneath me even at 6!

Thank you

I remember that programme as well, I think, from the mid 1960s onwards.

I don't think it was 'Music and Movement', though I do remember that as well.

I remember the old song 'The Lass of Richmond Hill' being taught to me. Quite racy material for infants and junior school!

Could teh programme have been 'Singing Together'?

I remember that programme as well, I think, from the mid 1960s onwards.

I don't think it was 'Music and Movement', though I do remember that as well.

I remember the old song 'The Lass of Richmond Hill' being taught to me. Quite racy material for infants and junior school!

Could teh programme have been 'Singing Together'?

I remember both those titles and wonder if there were regional versions?

On Tyneside, the songs ranged from "The Keel Row", "Wor Geordie's Lost His Penka", "When The Boat Comes In" and "Pick Your Feet Up Geordie Hinny."

I think the M&M had dances such as the Durham Reel and Circassian Circle - as per link. http://www.mts.net/~jinks%20/fd/circassi.htm

How could I forget - "The Lambton Worm"?

Hi JoeP

Thats the one Singing Together now I can sleep tonight.There may have been local variations but we sang our fair share of Regional songs.The Minstrel Boy being a particular favourite

Thank you

Archived