Clubs that play early 1990's music - where are they?

RobbyBrown

• 4 weeks later...
Trainspotter (choo choo)

Its a quote from Infiltrate 202 (The Altern 8 Vs Asterix & Space Mix), top tune with two sheffield DJ's.

Your no cheesy quaver are you, if your names not down your not coming in!

Whooooooooshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Sorry to take the mick mate. Actually I was a cheesy quaver (check the website - link in my signature) and I know the tune very, very well - it was the one with the "I know you gonna want me" vocal sample. I danced to it many times at free parties in the New Forest.

The point I was making was that the actual quote is "Watch your bass BINS" which is the actual name for a large bass speaker. There's no such thing as a bass PIN.

• 2 months later...

Would anybody be up for a show like this on something like Sheffield Live?

Myself and my mate Simon (who was a club DJ back in the day) have been playing with the idea of pitching a show featuring classic dance music from round about 1986-1994.

This means you could play the more commercial stuff,plus hardcore,chicago house,Italo Piano stuff,Acid,plus stuff that made put Sheffield on the map for dance (LFO,Chakk,Funky Worm,Krush etc).

What do you reckon?

Myself and my mate Simon (who was a club DJ back in the day) have been playing with the idea of pitching a show featuring classic dance music from round about 1986-1994.

This means you could play the more commercial stuff,plus hardcore,chicago house,Italo Piano stuff,Acid,plus stuff that made put Sheffield on the map for dance (LFO,Chakk,Funky Worm,Krush etc).

What do you reckon?

Yes, yes, yes!! When does it start?

What do you reckon?

I reckon its something worth listening to

Archived