The Nelson pub, quick question

Just wondering if anyone can help, Ive heard the Nelson is a pretty good pub, and after being very dissapointed with a recent visit to the Dove and Rainbow Im looking for somewhere else to go this saturday with a friend.

I cant seem to find a website so was just wondering if anyone knows if its open during the day on Saturday and what the prices are like.

Cheers

yr disappointed with the dove? Nelson is great but gets very hot and sweaty.

yeah it just doesnt seem to be what it was, we used to go in for a drink and have a laugh, it doesnt seem to have the same atmosphere, it just seems to me like its not a pub anymore, they want it as a live venue, all the corner seating has been ripped out and if you dont get a comfy seat in front of the bar then your stuck on picnic benches next to the annoying pinball machines... I just dont like it anymore...

But were gonna try out the Nelson on Saturday :)

The nelson is probably more expensive for drinks on a saturday than the dove with fewer offers on (think they stop at 9) downstairs is 80s rock and upstairs they play stuff like manson, rammstein etc.

It does get a bit hot downstairs! there is a smoking area. What was wrong with the dove? cant say i go there much on Saturdays but always had a good time.

yeah it just doesnt seem to be what it was, we used to go in for a drink and have a laugh, it doesnt seem to have the same atmosphere, it just seems to me like its not a pub anymore, they want it as a live venue, all the corner seating has been ripped out and if you dont get a comfy seat in front of the bar then your stuck on picnic benches next to the annoying pinball machines... I just dont like it anymore..

We are indeed still a pub and very much so, just a multi purpose one with a stage and facilities for live music. The corner seating actually disintegrated in a pile of woodworm and rot literally the day we were going to take it out as it was beyond help. We needed the area for the stage extension anyway....the pub actually has MORE seating than ever before, and now 2 more benches on the stage.

Appreciate your comments though, we cannot be everything to everyone.....some people prefer us, some don't, its the same with any pub/bar....

Archived