Just got back from Sheffield

KIWI

Just got back from a trip to dear old Sheffield,( the first for over five years ) to see some of my old haunts,but unfortunately l didn't get to see too many as l arrived Manchester with a suitcase full of water the day the floods arrived, and only just made it to Sheffield by road.

l spent most of my four weeks there watching t.v about the floods, however though my holiday was to a certain extent spoiled, my heart went out to those Sheffielders and indeed to the rest of the flooded country. l was very proud of the way they worked together in the same way as they did during the war years to help and comfort each other.

As for my trip, l stayed for four weeks in Sheffield with only three days without rain,but with four wonderful sisters over there, they made sure my visit was very enjoyable.

Proud to be a Sheffielder. kiwi.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, despite the weather. Having travelled New Zealand from Cape Reinga to Bluff (to say nothing of Stewart Island) I wouldn't blame any Kiwi for staying in Aotearoa at present, though the weather seems to be improving now that you're home! But it's nice to see family and friends, as I do about every two weeks when I return to Sheffield from rural Lincolnshire. I never did get to Milford Sound; must go back...

Sounds as though you've seen more of N.Z than l have Hillsbro and l've been hear fifty years l have however been to Milford Sounds and it is a great spot especialy if you like your fishing

Archived