Memories of the Past

hazel

Sat here for over an hour reading all these posts........ as a new person in here I must say I have really enjoyed all your comments! Not from Sheffield myself! (my claim is I married a man that was) I was also born a little too late for some of the memories of all our yesterdays but can remember a few things. Keep the good old stories going! WELL DONE! X

Hi everybody ! Reading some of the posts regarding old radio shows like Dick Barton etc. There's a web site http://www.radiolovers.com on the net that has a few old BBC shows on there such as The Clitheroe Kid, Educating Archie, The Likely Lads and Men From the Ministry. Unfortunately no Dick Barton. It's free to download them and listen to them. Try it, it's a blast from the past.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest poppins
Originally posted by chuffinel

Hi everybody ! Reading some of the posts regarding old radio shows like Dick Barton etc. There's a web site http://www.radiolovers.com on the net that has a few old BBC shows on there such as The Clitheroe Kid, Educating Archie, The Likely Lads and Men From the Ministry. Unfortunately no Dick Barton. It's free to download them and listen to them. Try it, it's a blast from the past.

This is great, i don't think we can get these in the states, i understand someone bought up all the rights to these old radio/tv shows, i think it was Bill Cosby few years back, thanks again.

Poppins

I remember the tram covered in lights at the end of the war passing by as I stood in the doorway of my Aunts shop at 366 Attercliffe Common ( near Tinsley Terminus)- Sitting for hours watching the cobbler a few doors away making clogs- walking up the cobbled street next(?) to Tinsley Wire at Tinsley Terminus,over the railway and canal to slide down the slag heaps- watching the men working at Tinsley Rolling Mills, the steel bar becoming strip steel as it was caught and thrown into the rollers - watching the "Road in the sky" creeping across the valley

Originally posted by PeterJames

I remember the tram covered in lights at the end of the war passing by as I stood in the doorway of my Aunts shop at 366 Attercliffe Common ( near Tinsley Terminus)- Sitting for hours watching the cobbler a few doors away making clogs- walking up the cobbled street next(?) to Tinsley Wire at Tinsley ...............

Hey Peter, That cobblers was where I had my pair of Red Clogs made. I remember tormenting my Dad for a pair, he finally gave in and said I had to wear them all the time. Even went dancing to the Astoria in them but being cunning as I thought, my friend took a pair of extra shoes for me to wear.Red Clogs with a gold trim I ask you??

Regards Vera

Archived