Paying to get into bars in Sheffield!!!

Master_J

Yep it has really got me this one. Crystal Bar...Pay to get in on a Saturday night. The most expensive drinks in Sheffield ever!!!!! and they ran out of lager in the first floor bar, forced to buy bottled lager at an outrageous price of £3.00 per bottle!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahhhhh I get it, because there are no smokers allowed to smoke in public places, number of 'punters' are expectedly down, so the non smokers and the rest have to pay for the short fall!!!!! How stooooopid of me! Government figures will be published and the bars will report no short fall in takings in fact they may report profits!!!the govrnment look all cool for imposing a ban on peoples rights to do something that is not illegal and is funding this country BIG TIME along with that other cancerous anti-eco tree murdering juice called petrol (yeah right, more cows produce higher amount of methane gases from their asses than the average car does in 1 year) ....so all is good in Sheffield for charging joe public to go in a bar that they can get in free during the daytime??? go figure..(need a dark corner to sit in and breathe deeply and relax......sigh):help: PS I am a non smoker...well ex smoker now for 2 years and love the cleaner atmosphere but.....well read above.

Yeah I've never known it in any other city, having to pay to get in a bar that is. I refuse to go in any bar that charges entry! Although people are obviously stupid/happy to pay or they would be free entry.

Yeah I've never known it in any other city, having to pay to get in a bar that is. I refuse to go in any bar that charges entry! Although people are obviously stupid/happy to pay or they would be free entry.

You've never been to London. :)

Two of my favourite watering holes down there - The 100 Club and The Twelve Bar - charge entry.

Having said that both have live music, but even so they charge. :)

Had to pay to get into some bars in Belfast even 7 or 8 years ago. Or if you didn't openly have to pay to get into the bar, they could always call it a "club" even though it was just a normal bar with a dj playing background music.

Yep it has really got me this one. Crystal Bar...Pay to get in on a Saturday night. The most expensive drinks in Sheffield ever!!!!! and they ran out of lager in the first floor bar, forced to buy bottled lager at an outrageous price of £3.00 per bottle!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAahhhhh I get it, because there are no smokers allowed to smoke in public places, number of 'punters' are expectedly down, so the non smokers and the rest have to pay for the short fall!!!!! How stooooopid of me! Government figures will be published and the bars will report no short fall in takings in fact they may report profits!!!the govrnment look all cool for imposing a ban on peoples rights to do something that is not illegal and is funding this country BIG TIME along with that other cancerous anti-eco tree murdering juice called petrol (yeah right, more cows produce higher amount of methane gases from their asses than the average car does in 1 year) ....so all is good in Sheffield for charging joe public to go in a bar that they can get in free during the daytime??? go figure..(need a dark corner to sit in and breathe deeply and relax......sigh):help: PS I am a non smoker...well ex smoker now for 2 years and love the cleaner atmosphere but.....well read above.

Don't think this has anything to do with the smoking ban.. It came about with late licences - I doubt you'd get charged before 11pm. Loads of late bars don't charge at all though.

Archived