Anyone have any info on Coeliac Disease?

My friends symptoms include wind, bloating, pain, almost permanent constipation interspersed with foul smelling diarrhea - is he worrying about nothing, irritable bowel has also been suggested.

That does sound more like IBS but best to have it checked out.

To be honest ey up, all the symptoms fit with what i get but for the constipation bit...

Normally, gluten eating symptoms for me start with intense indigestion, the feeling of having eating a lead beachball whole! followed by lots of digestion pain and bloating, veryvery gurgly and painful guts for a few days then up to a week or more of diarrhoea.

Always worth getting these things checked out though, many docs will send you away with 'its IBS' without investigating anything, its a cop-out for them. Some people do have IBS, but it takes tests to diagnose and rule other more serious things out.

And yes PT, i'm due mid January :D

My mum has had this for years. If you join the Coeliac Society then they produce a book that basically lists all the products that you can/ can't eat(or they used to). Most companies have become very good at labelling whether their products are Gluten Free but some still don't so it could be worth looking into.

Archived