Anyone have any info on Coeliac Disease?

Oh my goodness, I refuse meals out all the time!

I've had so many horrible experiences - I never used to put 2+2 together,

It's nice to know other people get tired too - I feel like everyone thinks i'm super lazy when I say i'm tired after eating, sometimes I feel like my eyes are shutting by themselves :[

Thanks for the heads up moggie! I gag when I brush my teeth & was worrying about it!

Did you pre arrange or did they ask you on the day?

I had a blood test that came back negative but apparently this will tell me if it's coeliacs or not, i'm just hoping for an answer for my dodgy tummy!

I know exactly what you mean about feeling tired after eating. A couple of years ago we went to see that Elvis thing at the Arena.I was looking forward to it so much, we went for a chinese buffet before we went in but I started to feel unwell even before the show started. I had to find a toilet before finding my seat as I had diarrhoea/vomiting then I started to go really sleepy. It wasn't just a bit of tiredness, it felt like someone had given me a general aneasthetic and I was trying to fight it and stay awake. It was so awful. I spent the whole time leaning on my husband's shoulder and when he finally got me home, I couldn't remember anything about the concert whatsoever.

When my daughter got married last July, I was fine all day until about an hour or so after eating desert then I started to feel sick, had stomach cramps and again felt an overwhelming need to go to sleep. I was so ill I had to leave the reception at 9 in the evening. I'm sure the groom's family just thought I'd had too much to drink but honestly I'd only had 1 glass of champagne and half a glass of red wine.

Both these incidents were quite scary but it's not until just recently that it's dawned on me that it could have been CD all the time. If my tests come back positive tomorrow, it will solve the mystery of so many ruined nights out.

PS You can ask for sedation on the day, it shouldn't have to be pre arranged.

Just to let you know I'm back to square 1. The coeliac biopsies came back negative so more tests are now underway. Even the doctor was surprised at the results but he said there could be a possibility of being gluten, wheat or lactose intolerant without having full blown coeliac. Does anyone else have these things rather than coeliac and are they managed in the same way? i.e.stick to a gluten/wheat/lactose free diet?

I've been virtually gluten free for nearly 3 weeks now and I have to say that I am feeling better already. I even went out for an Indian last night and just stuck to boiled rice with chicken tikka - no sauces etc. It was a bit dry but at least it stayed inside me this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Perfect excuse to eat Bacon eggs and beans IMO :D GF bread toasted (genius or Warbourtons) is ok

I dont like eggs but you can eat baked beans then?. Do they have to be gluten free or not?

Im not yet diagnosed with this, but ive bought some stuff to try already as i suspect i have with the symptons i have.

I just want to get back to normal has it has really got me down this lot.

Most beans are gluten free, just check the tin :) It got me down a lot too, I was undiagnosed for 12 years

Well i phoned and the results arent back yet but tomorow they will. Im scared to phone tbh but i have too.

I phoned not coeliac uk another one, and the lady said she had this condition, and she said id be better of continueing eating normal food as they take a biopsy off your throat to confirm. Im scared of that and the thought of suffering more than i need too!.

I just feel so sad right now.:(

Archived