Anyone have any info on Coeliac Disease?

Well all my results have come back 'normal' and according to the doc they will have tested for 'everything', whatever that is?

However im still with same symptons, and am booked next week with doc for review.

So my question is if im still the same then, can or should i request for camera inspection and is this more reliable.

And if not should i go totaly gluten free, thanks.:)

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

Just wondering how you were all getting on?

I had the camera down the throat (eurgh!) and some biopsies taken, they did find a hernia which surprised them and explains some discomfort.

I have been told all my results are 'normal' apart from really low iron.

So all in all, fobbed off with IBS - feeling pretty low at the moment as i'm just in pain - anyone else had any joy? x

Thats odd peaches and a coincidence, after my referal to first gastro consultant I got a diagnosis of coeliac disease, after being refered on to professor of gastroenterology, I had another endoscopy and was admitted for a week for observation and he said that there was slight inflammation but in his opinion it was not coeliac disease and was severe IBS and refered me back to dietian, who have been trying various restrictive diets. I have recently started myself on celebrity slim, and with this you follow a low carbohydrate diet and fingers crossed since starting that my symptoms have improved enormously.

Archived