Lie Detector Test For Criminals?

People in prison who claim they are innocent, why don't they just give them lie detector test's just like they do on chat shows to prove someones innocence :suspect:like people who have been in prison for a long time and been innocent all along, why didn't they give them a test in the first place?

:roll: Just a thought

The problem I have with lie detector tests is that if you tell the same lie often enough, do you start to believe it yoursel?

Then it becomes the truth as far as you're concerned and therefore wouldn't register on the machine?

If they gave you a test when you were first arrested or charged maybe it'd stand up in Court, but after several years, I, for one, wouldn't be able to accept it as creditable evidence.

My point was that lie detector tests are supposedto be 97% accurate but why not test the same person twice and see if they got the same result and if they came back the same obviously that would be the truth and as for being able to cheat the lie detector apparently the lie detector is un-cheatable as sooo many people claim it to be and the chat show part of my theory was just an example on how lie detectors are used to prove peoples innocence.

My point was that lie detector tests are supposedto be 97% ... as for being able to cheat the lie detector apparently the lie detector is un-cheatable

It's easy to throw off a polygraph test, and that '97% accurate' figure is total codswallop.

You might as well read a suspect's tea-leaves or analyse their handwriting to determine guilt/innocence.

Archived