Blue Ball Hillsborough - Sat 30/10/04

brailz

Originally posted by blue11265

The Ball is now closed for a month for refurbishment, possibly a good time to sort out the clientelle on its re-opening.

Refurbishment ? Does that mean they clean the blood up , empty the spittoon and put fresh sawdust down. Save the money, leave it a mess, cos whatever you do to it, the brain dead ones will soon drag it back down to gutter level.

I used to work in The Blue Ball in the mid seventies and the only trouble we had was from the minor bird on the bar who used to swear and a Scotsman, well he wore a kilt, who could not be stopped from dancing while hitting himself on the head with a tin tray.

Seems to have got worse by the sounds of it.

Having been part if the underage crowd once in the ball on £1 a drink night, i feel ashamed to say i feel old at 22 when i go in, at lunch time its nice come 7pm and if you are not a regular i.e 12-17 years old (landlord: surley you can tell they aint old enough or do u do it so they spend more) then its not worth the funny looks and elbowing at the bar, it used to be a good night i recall sitting outside with mates before the made it bigger once before, but now i'd rate it along side Berlins (purple) and niche (if its still open) i last went down hillsbrough on a sunday and had a far better time in the once dingy masons since ist been done up its very classy and seems to have nice peps in

Archived