What areas of Sheffield have you or your Ancestors lived in?

Candow Street, Winn Gardens, Winn Drive, Kingslake Street Attercliffe, Clay Pit Lane Rawmarsh, Attercliffe Road, Attercliffe Common, Sandhill Rawmarsh, White Hart pub Rotherham, Lots of streets in Attercliffe

Mother's family? Tinsley, Attercliffe/ Carbrook, Shiregreen

Father's family?

Winter street/ Summer Street Broomhall Street, Fawcett Street area, then Gleadless Valley.

Me personally?

(and by gum, there have been a lot! ) in order, from birth, from G'Valley to G'valley to Sharrow/ Highfield, then Arbourthorne, Wadsley Bridge/ Parson Cross, Hyde Park, Hyde Park, Pitsmoor, Broomhall, Stocksbridge, Arbourthorne, Sharrow, Manor top, Norfolk Park, Manor Top, Gleadless Valley, Arbourthorne Sharrow/ Nether Edge.

Phew!

Normanton Springs (Woodhouse) was my home until I came to Canada in 1966.

My mother grew up in Wicker area.

My aunt lived on Ouse Rd, Darnall, uncles lived Arbourthorne and Gleadless.

Not sure about my dad's side but they originally came from Wales.

I am truly enjoying this forum.... brings back so many memories.

Thx to all.

born at Hunters Bar, then moved to Greystones, then Sharrow, then Heeley Bottom, then Walkley then Norfolk Park, on Norfolk Park have lived in a maisonette (which was demolished) then a tower block (which was demolished) and now a vic hallam house (glad to say not going to be demolished!)

Paternal grandfather - Walkley (Duncombe Street), paternal grandmother - Woodland View (Carlby Road). Maternal grandfather - Wadsley (they moved around but were always within staggering distance of the Star Inn - now the Wadsley Jack), maternal grandma - Woodland View (Low Road). So all my forebears were northwest Sheffielders. Well, not quite... My mum's maternal grandad Charles Betts (1873-1953) came from Market Rasen - he moved to Sheffield in the 1890s in search of higher wages. The only "foreign" blood in the family....

well i have lived all over myself, brought up on the woodthorpe, then down near park hill, then darnal, woodthorpe, manor, manor park, park hill, wybourne, norfolk park, manor and arbourthorne

my dad grew up on the woodthorpe and before that as a baby/todler on the park area

my mum was brought up on the manor before that as a baby/todler around town area

various ancestors have been brought up around park area, beighton, norton, ecclesall, handsworth