What areas of Sheffield have you or your Ancestors lived in?

Father's family.

Wadsley Bridge

Birley Carr

Hillsborough

Shiregreen

Mother's family

Ecclesall Bierlow

Wadsley Bridge

Hillsborough

Shiregreen.

Moi

Birley Carr

Hillsborough

Shiregreen

Middlewood

Johannesburg, RSA

Burncross

Auckland, NZ

Chapeltown

At the time my ancestors lived at Wadsley Bridge, it wasn't part of Sheffield.

My G/Parents GG/Parents originate from Hathersage and Hope in the Peak district.They moved to Wadsley where my father was born. I was born on Woodland St. We then moved to Laird Rd at Wadsley. We then lived at Shirecliffe; Stannington; Regent Court flats; Wadsley Bridge; Addy St, and finally at Parson Cross.

dads family deepcar deepcar and deepcar again my dad thought sheffield was full of cops and robbers only good thing was the pubs only went to sheffield to see his soliciter and have hin new suits fitted at barney goodmans his grandfather camefrom bradwell in derbyshire to work at samuel fox steel firm married and had a family dad had seven brothers and one sister all lived in deepcar i lived middlewood and meersbrook dad could never understand what i saw in sheffield what about the cops and robbers he would say

• 3 weeks later...

:)hi am from chesterfield but am trying to trace family tree could anyone help looking for any info on maternal great grandparents who it seems lived in sheffield in 1924 his name was william gregory from holme lane in hillsborough and her name was isabella ball whos address was darnall feast she was from a fairground family he was a cartier what ever that was please can some one help thanks

:)hi am from chesterfield but am trying to trace family tree could anyone help looking for any info on maternal great grandparents who it seems lived in sheffield in 1924 his name was william gregory from holme lane in hillsborough and her name was isabella ball whos address was darnall feast she was from a fairground family he was a cartier what ever that was please can some one help thanks

Try these Links, or Google for any websites which hold records:

Sheffield Records Online

Ancestry (UK)

FreeBMD

GENUKI - UK & Ireland Genealogy

The Church of Jesus Christ & Latter Day Saints (Mormons)

Some of the sites need you to register, but free membership (in the case of Ancestry) limits the amount of data you can access.

My dad's family worked Handsworth Hall Farm and Myrtle Bank Farm at the end of the 19th century up to the 1960's and Sheephill Farm at Norton at the beginning of the 20th century. My mum's Irish ancestors were at Solly Street somewhere near a pub called the Red House.