What areas of Sheffield have you or your Ancestors lived in?

for reason I don't know my fathers birth record just pop up born Sheffield 1904 so where do i go from here trying to find his parents(my grands) only a very faint memory of ever seeing them

for reason I don't know my fathers birth record just pop up born Sheffield 1904 so where do i go from here trying to find his parents(my grands) only a very faint memory of ever seeing them

You could try the 1911 census on line, and every census going back ten years at a time before that. The census is available on line.

You could try the 1911 census on line, and every census going back ten years at a time before that. The census is available on line.

But who's, gone back and tried every FREE 1911 census with no luck his name has vanished once again ,now they all say the same thing just send us lots of cash and we will find it for you, Its not that I'm cheap(well maybe)but need to know I'm on the right track just so many Clarke's in Sheffield got nothing else better to do so I'll just keep digging:|:|

But who's, gone back and tried every FREE 1911 census with no luck his name has vanished once again ,now they all say the same thing just send us lots of cash and we will find it for you, Its not that I'm cheap(well maybe)but need to know I'm on the right track just so many Clarke's in Sheffield got nothing else better to do so I'll just keep digging:|:|

send for your fathers birth certificate ,about £7. his parents names will be on it,then go from there...

An easy way of starting is to go to http://www.myheritage.com and start a FREE family tree. Just enter what you know. This site has a 'smart match' system that searches other trees and e-mails you with likely matches. There's also http://www.genesreunited.co.uk but that isn't quite so good. I started research through Sheffield city council they were on Leadmill Rd but not sure where they are now. Good Luck!