What areas of Sheffield have you or your Ancestors lived in?

for reason I don't know my fathers birth record just pop up born Sheffield 1904 so where do i go from here trying to find his parents(my grands) only a very faint memory of ever seeing them

Cost of certificates have gone up they are now £9.25 each. I don't charge a fortune and I will try and find the right person for free. If you then want further work done I can do an initial assessment for the same price of a certificate and agree on a price for work. Please check out my website below.:)

Edited by Rivelin6

My Nan lived at Firth Park which I guess is why we came to Sheffield when I was little.

Since then I've managed Darnall, Hyde Park, Firth Park, Manor, Gleadless Valley, Parson Cross, Walkley and Hillsborough. Not in Sheffield any more but not far away.

Cost of certificates have gone up they are now £9.25 each. I don't charge a fortune and I will try and find the right person for free. If you then want further work done I can do an initial assessment for the same price of a certificate and agree on a price for work. Please check out my website below.:)

your web says U.K only I'm in Canada

Your ancestors were from Sheffield though. Just doing some work for a lady in Australia and I have done research in Canada, America and a number of European countries. My claim to fame was finding a Smith married to a Jones in America when another Genealogist could find them. I looked in an adjacent state and bingo. Genealogy is a lot about thinking outside the box and being a detective. I can only look and say whether it can go somewhere. Sometimes you do find brick walls in the way.:)

Edited by Rivelin6

Thanks Rivelin thought u meant you only did work for people in U.K ,How does one pay for service from another country ? are off shore cheque's any good

As long as people have got an email address I can send them a request through paypal.:)

• 3 weeks later...

One great grandfather came from Bath circa 1890, married a girl from Dublin and settled in Heeley, and supported SWFC when they played at Olive Grove.

Another great grandfather from Horncastle, a little later than the former, he married a girl from Grenoside and also settled in Heeley, he became a supporter of SUFC.

So I can honestly say that I am a Heeley Owl, although back in the 19th century it was Wednesday who were known as the Blades. :gag:

Born Earsham St then lived at bottom of Matilda St used to play on buses where they was parked up in depot.Then to North Hill Rd at Southey Green.Then Petre St at Pitsmoor. Walkley St.Then moved to Chesterfield.Then Wadsley Bridge.Looking to move again .