What areas of Sheffield have you or your Ancestors lived in?

hi everyone, new to this, but 3 generations of my family lived at Noton. Before that they lived in the Brocker,there were street gangs,but the one my mum talked about was the Moonies, they had "tossing rings",it was my mum's job as a small kid, to run and gather up the money when the cops raided,and scarper off,after the raid was over, she would hand the money back and get a reward

Mum's family came from Brompton Road, Attercliffe, where my grandad had a billiard saloon. Dad came from Oakes Green near the washhouse. Everything gone now. Further back in time, granddad was in Bolsterstone Church Choir and his father was manager of the brick works at Stocksbridge. Their name was Wright. Does anyone know anything about the family. My Dad's grandparents came from Ecclesall Bierlow - Neill Road, off Ecclesall Road. Some of them worked at the old Empire Theatre. We used to get free tickets for the parterre seats for the pantomimes and musicals.

Mothers side of the family from Crosspool, fathers from Fulwood (Goole Green). I was born in Stannington and then grew up in Fulwood from age 3. Lived in Mosborough since 1994 and sister now lives in Eckington. If I had the money I'd be back to Fulwood tomorrow!

I don't remember David Barker, though I was at school with a lass called Sheila Barker, she still lives on Wadsley lane.

hiya

my family were all from sheffield and me personally was from the same districts of some of the letter writer's families, namely 1938/ havelock square. 1940/thomas st 1941/ bath st. broomhall district. 1962/ gleadless rd 1967/ present address.

i have said before, i suppose how lucky i was to be here writing this letter as my maternal g/parents g/f was born in scotland, g/mother was born in nottingham, paternal g/parents g/father was born in boston lincs, g/m n/k

father, born in doncaster, mother born in nottingham, grand

parents lived in bellefield lane and paulet rd, manor. the other g/parents on bath st, g grand parents on oxford st sheffield, and my wifes ggrandparents lived in paradise square in 1895.

Both sets of great grandparents lives on Carfield Street and Richards Road, Heeley respectively.

I also had a set of great grandparents (long before I was born) who lived on Carfield Street and Gleadless Road. I'm currently researching the Goodison line from there.

Anyone out there who knows about or is descended from the Habbershaw, Sheldon ,Charlesworth or Stevenson families who all lived in the vicinity of the Moor or Ecclesall Road. These families are my ancestors and would love to hear from any other members. I am doing a family tree and would be glad of any information.

Anyone out there who knows about or is descended from the Habbershaw, Sheldon ,Charlesworth or Stevenson families who all lived in the vicinity of the Moor or Ecclesall Road. These families are my ancestors and would love to hear from any other members. I am doing a family tree and would be glad of any information.

hiya i knew three of your family names, there was sheldon,charlesworth, and another charlesworth , in the 40s and 50s sheldon, clifford,daughter rita ,son clifford jn

cliffs sister was called emma, her married name was naylor,she had two sons raymond and michael the other was charlesworth he was called brian he had siblings,they lived on egerton lane, and had cousins called glaves , a mrs charlesworth lived in thomas st close to bath st the had a son and a daughter think her name was joan. i remember this mr charlesworth on some days in summer would sit in their doorway cobbling his families shoes, their house was next door to a mr bartholomew who had the sweetshop in thomas st he was the grand father of a shool mate called barry.

Edited by willybite