Wrapped up magazines

I have noticed that there is a growing trend in the number of magazines with plastic wrapper on so you can't browse through it before purchasing it.

Does this put you off buying it not knowing what you are paying for other than going on what the front page says?

I like to look through magazines before I buy.

I remember the Newsworld shop on chapel walk was just full of people browsing and reading the whole magazine and hardly ever buying anything.

From the other point of view who wants to buy a magazine that is crumpled because several people have had their paws on it.

Depends on the magazine. If its one that has a free cd/dvd with it, Id rather it was in a bag than had the disc sellotaped to the front cover, because I dont know where they get it from, but magazine sellotape is always impossible to remove without tearing the cover.

or they use that super tank stopping gak on the back of the CD case... in which case someone just nabs the CD randomly for no apperant reason other than to **** you off when you buy the magazine in a hurry and forget to check the case :P

although, I now subscribe to the only magazine I bought regulally which is "Total Guitar"

I personally prefer them wrapped. At least then all the stupid fliers they stuff them with stay in one place until I can bin them, instead of me leaving a nice trail of them wherever I walk.

Plus if sealed magazines mean that I don't have to fight my way through lots of middle-aged men using WHSmiths as a library, I'm all for it!

Originally posted by angel_b

I personally prefer them wrapped. At least then all the stupid fliers they stuff them with stay in one place until I can bin them, instead of me leaving a nice trail of them wherever I walk.

Plus if sealed magazines mean that I don't have to fight my way through lots of middle-aged men using WHSmiths as a library, I'm all for it!

At my local newsagent most of their magazines have to be wrapped up for legal reasons. [a-hem] so I've heard!

Archived