Wheatsheaf, top of Abbey Lane...

RiffRaff

If its the toby carvery by the cricket pitch then yep eaten there recently. Can't really say much other than it's a typical toby carvery. By that I mean that the food's okay - good value for money specially if you are on the hungry side as you can help yourself to as many roasties and veg as you like.

Only minus points for me are that I have found some of the veg to vary, most recently brocolli and parsnips were respectively under and overcooked on last two visits. That aside it's been okay. Perhaps you don't quite get as much meat as you did a year or two back and it is pretty fixed at gammon, beef and turkey. Would prefer if they put a lamb option on for a change.

Still not a patch on my mrs sunday dinner jobs though. :thumbsup::?: Its not haute cuisine by any stretch but you wouldn't be expecting that and coming here anyway if thats what you were after.

If its the toby carvery by the cricket pitch then yep eaten there recently. Can't really say much other than it's a typical toby carvery. By that I mean that the food's okay - good value for money specially if you are on the hungry side as you can help yourself to as many roasties and veg as you like.

Only minus points for me are that I have found some of the veg to vary, most recently brocolli and parsnips were respectively under and overcooked on last two visits. That aside it's been okay. Perhaps you don't quite get as much meat as you did a year or two back and it is pretty fixed at gammon, beef and turkey. Would prefer if they put a lamb option on for a change.

Still not a patch on my mrs sunday dinner jobs though. :thumbsup::?: Its not haute cuisine by any stretch but you wouldn't be expecting that and coming here anyway if thats what you were after.

Cheers, Frenchfrie - just what I needed to read. Ta.

Anybody dined there lately?

My better half was just about to book a meal there, but I've heard some 'unusual' reports about it recently.

Admittedly they were 'friend of a friend' type, but smoke/fire etc.....

Any reports, please?

If you havent booked it yet don't. It has really gone down hill recently, I used to take my mum there for meals every so often and it was really nice good value as well. The last time we went it was not half as good most of the food was either underdone or overdone and the choice was much smaller than before.

My mum's friend went separately from us and she also commented that it had gone down hill.

Archived