New sheffield live music venue!! ...

sergeantb

Theres currently a planning application in planning for the redevelopment of roxy into a Class D2 (for live music) venue! The applicant is Acadeny Music Group Ltd. If its accepted we could have a large new live new venue in sheffield in 2008!

Theres currently a planning application in planning for the redevelopment of roxy into a Class D2 (for live music) venue! The applicant is Acadeny Music Group Ltd. If its accepted we could have a large new live new venue in sheffield in 2008!

This looks like the "Carling" Academy Group currently with venues like Shepherds Bush Empire and venues in Birmingham Bristol Newcastle etc

Sounds cool.

Let's hope they allow plenty of chances for local bands to play there too.:thumbsup:

I doubt it - it'll be like the other Academies with national tours put on by a few of the big promotion companies.

I seem to recall talking to someone who said the Ocatagon can no longer do midweek gigs as the Uni uses it for lectures mid week - so it seems a good call for the Academy group to build a venue for the mid sized gigs (1200 upwards) that often pass Sheffield by at the momment

See - told you so! This was discussed in a thread the other week and I said this was going to happen but nobody believed me. <<<sulk>>>

Sorry, that was me who didn't believe you.

But this is great news. Just what Sheffield is in need of I think (i.e a new big club/venue). It should be over 2000 capacity. It was about 2500 when it was Roxy.

Archived