Would you admit to being middle class?

What class do you consider yourself to be?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What class do you consider yourself to be?

• Upper class
    • Middle class
    • Working class
    • Classless
    • Just show me the results/.

I thought that humans just tries to improve themselves always.

not always, just look at some of the posts from people on SF who criticise people who have done well through hard work and ambition, and the arguments between people about benefits and entitlements etc, plenty of that goes on here and everywere else

I have no quarms about describing myself as middle class but from a working class background. It was due to the aspiration of myself and my mother that I sought a University education with the prospect of a better job and more money.

I am now comfortably off and have disposable income at the end of the month, a situation that was unknown to my parents and grandparents

I am now comfortably off and have disposable income at the end of the month, a situation that was unknown to my parents and grandparents

im in similar position with similar ancestry but i didnt go to uni nor do i have any formal qualifications, so are we in the same class?

I wish my previous post to be ignored.

I am of course upper class.

I have dimmer switches and a colour television in my home.

Oh that makes you Working Class, at best Lower Middle ;)

If you were Upper Class you'd have condemned wiring and be too busy huntin' and shootin' to watch TV, though you'd keep an old set in one corner of the 'snug' to watch the horse racing on wet days. ;)

If you are Upper Middle you probably don't have a TV at all and prefer listening to Radio Four on what you like to term 'the wireless' (even though it's one of those fancy Bose things that looks like an Orgasmatron, that you bought from an ad on the back page of the Observer magazine).

Oh that makes you Working Class, at best Lower Middle ;)

If you were Upper Class you'd have condemned wiring and be too busy huntin' and shootin' to watch TV, though you'd keep an old set in one corner of the 'snug' to watch the horse racing on wet days. ;)

If you are Upper Middle you probably don't have a TV at all and prefer listening to Radio Four on what you like to term 'the wireless' (even though it's one of those fancy Bose things that looks like an Orgasmatron, that you bought from an ad on the back page of the Observer magazine).

How dare you!

I shot two grouse this morning!

Apparently 50% of the population fall into the socioeconomic categories that compose the 'middle class'. However there seems to be a desperate phobia about admitting that you are middle class. Would you stand up and be counted for your middle-classness???

I'm from a working class family. They have worked bloody hard to make sure my kids will be from a middle class family and i'm as proud as can be of my parents for that. I'm middle class (based on socio economic definitions), but my principles are still working class at the moment and the change will probably only be noted by my kids, who won't have working class parents / background.

Archived