Would you admit to being middle class?

What class do you consider yourself to be?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What class do you consider yourself to be?

• Upper class
    • Middle class
    • Working class
    • Classless
    • Just show me the results/.

It's the pickle forks that get yer! The ones with the 'syringe' type action.

I love those! They really are Lower Middle! You must of course serve up pickles for 'special meals' in little cut glass dishes - not just plonk a festering jar of Branston and a ruddy big spoon in the middle of the dinner table like wot I do.

What happened to those trays that had segments for serving 'nibbles' in?

The modern equivalent are those vile jars of pickled multi-coloured fruits that people keep festering in the corner of their kitchen.

Going to uni makes you middle class by definition.

That's my problem:roll: Although my parents were in low skilled jobs when I was growing up I had a background that valued reading and education so I went onto Uni.By definition therefore I'm middle class . I don't however feel comfortable with either definition because some of my values are working class and others are definitely middle class. At present I don't have a job that reflects my qualifications so the state would classify me as underclass - no wonder I'm mixed up:hihi:

...because some of my values are working class and others are definitely middle class...

You're not the first person to mention having working class values. What are they, in your case? :)

I would say a sense of community, believing that government policies should protect the most vulnerable in society and work for the common good, loyality and dedication to hard work are amongst those that reflect working class values.Seeing however the state of the work many workmen put out these days makes me think they have lost pride in such skills/ crafts- oh that does make me sound very middle class doesn't it:D

Archived