One-day Writing A Novel course

With all due respect to Seriessix and pattricia, having one book printed by Lulu is not at all the same as being a "professional writer". Professional writers make their living by writing, and do that by having their books published by advance-paying publishers who have active editing, marketing, sales and distribution staff--none of which are provided by Lulu and other POD outfits.

Daniel is a real, professional writer. I've checked him out on Amazon, and a few other places, and his books are published by real, advance-paying, legitimate publishers. The fee he's asking is low, in my opinion, and I'm qualified to hold that opinion because I've attended several similar workshops over the years. And just i case you're wondering, I've written several books which have been published by those legitimate publishers; have had articles published in the national press; and have worked as an editor.

I suspect his workshop will be well worth attending.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

My publishers, if anyone is wondering, have been: Virgin Books, Penguin, Hamish Hamilton, Capstone-Wiley and Allison & Busby. I'm represented by the agency Rupert Crew Ltd., based in London WC1.

Thanks Daniel. Didnt realise you were so famous. We should be honoured to have you on SF.

Gave myself away again.

Mid-list used to be a nice place to be. Now it's scary. I have a few friends there whose books sold well, even earned out--but didn't sell enough to warrant their publishers investing in their third, fourth or fifth books. It's not a problem I've faced yet (I was published a while ago, and mostly in non-fiction, which is different), but it's an added worry. Don't know why I do it.

With all due respect to Seriessix and pattricia, having one book printed by Lulu is not at all the same as being a "professional writer". Professional writers make their living by writing, and do that by having their books published by advance-paying publishers who have active editing, marketing, sales and distribution staff--none of which are provided by Lulu and other POD outfits.

Daniel is a real, professional writer. I've checked him out on Amazon, and a few other places, and his books are published by real, advance-paying, legitimate publishers. The fee he's asking is low, in my opinion, and I'm qualified to hold that opinion because I've attended several similar workshops over the years. And just i case you're wondering, I've written several books which have been published by those legitimate publishers; have had articles published in the national press; and have worked as an editor.

I suspect his workshop will be well worth attending.

I totally agree.

And once again, sixty pounds is a good price. Professional training in technical subjects can cost twenty times that for one day in a class.

Archived