Who drank the last pint in Tinsley Working Mens Club?

borick

I was sponsored for membership of Tinsley club back in'66 by my (then future) father in law. It was all done correctly under the scrutinizing eye of Albert Burdon. It was like a High Court hearing.

Finally got my membership & affiliation card pressed in the hand, it was all very nerve wracking those days, but finally I could have a little chuckle to myself 'cos I was only 17 at the time!

Another doorman used to be my neighbour, Harold Moore. Used to natter with him over the garden fence, and in the evening, nearly get to blows if I'd forgotten my card.

I know what you mean here. One day I was summonsed before the commitee because my wife Joan laughed too loud and once she even dared to laugh during the bingo. I was ordered to stop her laughiong or I would be suspended. I then even dared to tell them what to do with their suspension and guess what ??

I was suspended. :D

Yes I am Borick, I was known by many names, some pleasant some not so, but Bobby Malc was one of the more pleasant ones. Who are you. ?

We used to sit at the next table to you in the club (everybody had their place then) with friends of ours, Ellie And Phil. Your wife Joan, had very long hair then and I was always taking it out of my beer.

Archived