The Ocelot Cafe

zeke

sorry crooksie but can't remember exact house but it had a large conservatory, Davids coffin was laid out there and Anne asked if we would like to go in to say goodbye, we did but I could not look,stayed there about 5 mins and thanked her,he was in a white coffin ,white suit with a hankerchief over his face,really sick making

I wager that he never imagined that there would be folk discussing him on computers in 2011, I guess that it would have made him smile. :)

Don't think poor old David would have had the nounce to use one, but he'd certainly be glad people were still talking about him, he'd have loved all the attention

You and I are alive, but David gets all the attention, Chris Hey (Heart Beat & Silver Blades DJ) was killed in a car crash in the 60's, but hardly anyone remembers him.

When I think back to clubbing in the 60's David is always there, as is a very attractive girl called Elaine Ball, who married Phil Cantor, she appeared to fancy Chris Hey, who was the best DJ in Sheffield, Alan Dale and Glynn Ferraby were not that far behind him, Pete Stringfellow just danced about and shouted down the mike.

The Ocelot and the La Favorita were part of our lives, as was the Concourse coffee bar at the ABC cinema. We got a hell of a lot out of what was actually very little in those days.

She had short dark hair and was a widow, in her early 20's when I knew her. Her late husband had been a spiderman. I knew her for about a year, around 1964/5 and we went out several times after we were introduced by Ivor White, who I first met in the RAF.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Don't think poor old David would have had the nounce to use one, but he'd certainly be glad people were still talking about him, he'd have loved all the attention

Hi my name is Sarah Marshall and I'm currently tracing my family tree after the death of my Aunt. I am distantly related to David Lidgard as my mum and Aunt were Harry Harts nieces. I wondered if you would talk to me about David as my Mum was extremely close to him and he helped our family when my Grandad (Ernest Hart, Harry's brother) died when my mum was around 13yrs. I don't have contact with his David's mother Anne but I know she is still alive and has battled cancer but our family drifted apart years ago and I'm trying to build a file up to pass to my children and to let my Mum know what happened to him. If you don't wish to talk I understand as it is a sensitive matter and I wish you well. Can I also ask if your Anne the daughter of Una and Jim?? x Sarah Marshall (Jane Harts daughter)

Hi my name is Sarah Marshall and I'm currently tracing my family tree after the death of my Aunt. I am distantly related to David Lidgard as my mum and Aunt were Harry Harts nieces. I wondered if you would talk to me about David as my Mum was extremely close to him and he helped our family when my Grandad (Ernest Hart, Harry's brother) died when my mum was around 13yrs. I don't have contact with his David's mother Anne but I know she is still alive and has battled cancer but our family drifted apart years ago and I'm trying to build a file up to pass to my children and to let my Mum know what happened to him. If you don't wish to talk I understand as it is a sensitive matter and I wish you well. Can I also ask if your Anne the daughter of Una and Jim?? x Sarah Marshall (Jane Harts daughter)

David never pulled a blond stunner for her brain power, however he did pull a lot, one would imagine that there are a few 60 odd year old former glamour girls who could tell a tale or two. I wonder if DaveD or orielanne remember the name of the girl, who was his very last date. Was David buried or cremated, I just can't imagine Anne having him cremated?

This all appears to be a bit macarbre, but David is Sheffield's James Dean, he would have loved to be remembered as that.

You and I are alive, but David gets all the attention, Chris Hey (Heart Beat & Silver Blades DJ) was killed in a car crash in the 60's, but hardly anyone remembers him.

When I think back to clubbing in the 60's David is always there, as is a very attractive girl called Elaine Ball, who married Phil Cantor, she appeared to fancy Chris Hey, who was the best DJ in Sheffield, Alan Dale and Glynn Ferraby were not that far behind him, Pete Stringfellow just danced about and shouted down the mike.

The Ocelot and the La Favorita were part of our lives, as was the Concourse coffee bar at the ABC cinema. We got a hell of a lot out of what was actually very little in those days.

Alan Dale rings a bell, did he have a place in the parkway wholesale market, drive a Porsche and go fly fishing??.

Also in a group.

Alan Dale rings a bell, did he have a place in the parkway wholesale market, drive a Porsche and go fly fishing??.

Also in a group.

No, no and no. He is David Layne's brother in law, knocked around with the Stringfellows, Berry, Cocker and is a mate of Richard Hawley's dad. He worked Holland, Saudi and the Scandinavian countries as a singer, having one number one hit in one of the latter. He was Sheffield's first mobile DJ, and still smiles more than he frowns, he is somewhat rotund these days, if your reading this Daley, that means fat. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived