The Ocelot Cafe

zeke

No, no and no. He is David Layne's brother in law, knocked around with the Stringfellows, Berry, Cocker and is a mate of Richard Hawley's dad. He worked Holland, Saudi and the Scandinavian countries as a singer, having one number one hit in one of the latter. He was Sheffield's first mobile DJ, and still smiles more than he frowns, he is somewhat rotund these days, if your reading this Daley, that means fat. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Oh you're on about Alan Warrrington/waddington/ Dale who played with the square Circles With Phillip Clare and lived/lives on Green Oak Totley.

Not the person I was thinking of.

Hi Sarah, I didnt know David as well as some on here do. i worked behind a few bars when I was a kid and remember David well, he had a lot of detractors, mostly inspired by jealousy as he , apparently, inheritede a great deal of money at a youing age and wasnt bothered about showing it. I always found him a generous pleasant man. I first new him in Darnall where he had a cafe on the terminus. He used to pull up in his etype jag and was soon a talking point. Later i used to see him at Fiveways Owler Bar, always with a blonde, but, I feel, always lonely. He had many hangers on who helped skint him and then, when the cash had gone abandoned him. I often think of him basically a decent simple man ruined by too much money. Had he been a bus driver or lived a "normal" life he would be alive today.

Hi my name is Sarah Marshall and I'm currenetly tracing my family tree after the death of my Aunt. I am distantly related to David Lidgard as my mum and Aunt were Harry Harts nieces. I wondered if you would talk to me about David as my Mum was extremely close to him and he helped our family when my Grandad (Ernest Hart, Harry's brother) died when my mum was around 13yrs. I don't have contact with his David's mother Anne but I know she is still alive and has battled cancer but our family drifted apart years ago and I'm trying to build a file up to pass to my children and to let my Mum know what happened to him. If you don't wish to talk I understand as it is a sensitive matter and I wish you well. Can I also ask if your Anne the daughter of Una and Jim?? x Sarah Marshall (Jane Harts daughter)

Had he not put the pistol to his head he would very likely be receiving a winter fuel allowance, however I reckon that he would have rejected a free bus pass. I won't post openly what I heard relative to his motive for committing suicide, such a shame.

Hi Sarah, I didnt know David as well as some on here do. i worked behind a few bars when I was a kid and remember David well, he had a lot of detractors, mostly inspired by jealousy as he , apparently, inheritede a great deal of money at a youing age and wasnt bothered about showing it. I always found him a generous pleasant man. I first new him in Darnall where he had a cafe on the terminus. He used to pull up in his etype jag and was soon a talking point. Later i used to see him at Fiveways Owler Bar, always with a blonde, but, I feel, always lonely. He had many hangers on who helped skint him and then, when the cash had gone abandoned him. I often think of him basically a decent simple man ruined by too much money. Had he been a bus driver or lived a "normal" life he would be alive today.

Thankyou Xenia for you reply and I'm in the process of building my family tree and my Mum would be happy to know he did have some good friends. She herself has said that he was a lovely person and helped her and her Mum when her Dad died. I will add your message onto my file to try and keep his memory alive xx

Had he not put the pistol to his head he would very likely be receiving a winter fuel allowance, however I reckon that he would have rejected a free bus pass. I won't post openly what I heard relative to his motive for committing suicide, such a shame.

No problem and my Mum did say that he was a lovely attractive young man, tall, with blond hair. I know he didn't marry but that he did have two children, maybe two girls and I think the eldest was called Danielle? Not sure though it was my Mum who met her at Aunty Annes's (Davids mother) birthday party. Oh and just to let others know my Aunty Anne was a red head. Thankyou for thinking of him x

On the day he died I was working at the Mulberry on Arundel Gate Mick Lee was the Manager. Mick had known David for a few years and I think they got on well, I will never forget that a guy came in that morning and opened his conversation with " I have good news and bad news" Mick was always a good humoured bloke and liked a joke the guy then went on to say " actually there is no bad news, the good news is that David was dead. I looked at Mick and it was clear he didnt believe that anyone could be so callous, Mick verblly slaughterd this guy and was about to go for him physically had not Christine , Micks wife, me, and another barmaid stopped him, the guy literally ran off before Mick got hold of him. Mick was well "connected" I never saw the guy again. (draw your own conclusions)

Horrible story I know, but indicates that whilst jealous spongers didnt like David, other people, me included, did.

Thankyou Xenia for you reply and I'm in the process of building my family tree and my Mum would be happy to know he did have some good friends. She herself has said that he was a lovely person and helped her and her Mum when her Dad died. I will add your message onto my file to try and keep his memory alive xx

No problem and my Mum did say that he was a lovely attractive young man, tall, with blond hair. I know he didn't marry but that he did have two children, maybe two girls and I think the eldest was called Danielle? Not sure though it was my Mum who met her at Aunty Annes's (Davids mother) birthday party. Oh and just to let others know my Aunty Anne was a red head. Thankyou for thinking of him x

There's a thread on this forum (somewhere) from a girl who I think was a child of David, she was asking all the right questions, I asked her what her hair colour was, but she didn't reply.

On the day he died I was working at the Mulberry on Arundel Gate Mick Lee was the Manager. Mick had known David for a few years and I think they got on well, I will never forget that a guy came in that morning and opened his conversation with " I have good news and bad news" Mick was always a good humoured bloke and liked a joke the guy then went on to say " actually there is no bad news, the good news is that David was dead. I looked at Mick and it was clear he didnt believe that anyone could be so callous, Mick verblly slaughterd this guy and was about to go for him physically had not Christine , Micks wife, me, and another barmaid stopped him, the guy literally ran off before Mick got hold of him. Mick was well "connected" I never saw the guy again. (draw your own conclusions)

Horrible story I know, but indicates that whilst jealous spongers didnt like David, other people, me included, did.

Just what you want, you should have let Mick deck him, I know that I would have.

Archived