Favourite restaurants for vegan food?

CharleyF

Just out of curiosity... any vegans/vegetarians/non-hardcore carnivores out there - what restaurants would you recommend that have nice vegan options on the menu? My favourites so far are: Royal Spice in Walkley, East One noodle bar in West One, and I like Blue Moon just for the novelty of being an all-vegetarian place.

Any others?

Yea, Blue Moon vegan chocolate fudge cake is actually the nicest cake EVER.

I must say, one surprising place that does ok veggie food now is The Cavendish..Their new menu is pretty good, with more than just 2 veggie options!

Also, Candy Town do the best chinese set menu..vegan mock duck pancakes are amazing..

Theres Bahn Thai at the beginning off London Road, their tofu wrapped in sea weed is good, be sure to check that your meal is not in a fish based sauce if you opt for Thai food though. Then a little further on theres Tim(Tin?) Po Chinese, they have a large veggie selection and know what vegan means. Further down is Noodle Inn, they do an awesome, large noodle soup.

For a lighter meal Airey Fairy also on London Road has some vegan options. Nirmals on West Street is a good quality Indian, pricey but worth it. Another good Indian is The Kashmir on Spital Hill, it's cheap and cheerful but the food is very tasty.

You may well already know this seeing as you live in Walkley, but if you fancy a take away, the Codrophenia chippy has vegan options. They do vegan sausages, fish-less fish cakes and hemp burgers which are all fried separately from the fish, as well as vegan curry sauce, yum!.

Happy eating! :D

Archived