Anyone been to Lanzarote?

hi all...

i was just wondering if anyone has been to Lanzarote and if so,what did you think of it.

we are going to book next years holiday in Lanzarote but just wanted other peoples opinions on what its like there...:)

i know the place where we are going is quite excluded (playa blanca) but we are planning to hire a car so thats no probs.

so if you have been and have any recomendations as to what to do or things to see it would be highly appreciated.

p.s i know its a bit early but with 2 kids i need to plan ahead lol..:hihi:

thanks

sarah

we went to lanzarote in may just gone, we absolutely loved it!

we stayed in costa teguise, which was a quiet area. i didnt rate puerto del carmen, it was very blackpool like.

the weather there was lovely, nice and hot in day but with a cooling breeze and the temp dropped at night so a good nights sleep without the stickyness (keep the dirty jokes to yourself :hihi:!)

i would highly recommend the island, our family of 3 2 adults and 4 yr old loved it.

the pic in my sig link is of my daughter in arrecife

Go to Timanfya (sp) national park 1 day, its awsome :hihi::hihi: see the volcano and they show you how to turna bucket of water in to steam in 3 seconds flat

yeah iv seen that on the web and it looks great,i will definately be visiting there.

kids will be 7 and 4 at the time we go so i think they will quite like it...:D

Went 20 years ago....so I expect its a lot more developed now...the thing I loved was that the government had said that buildings cannot be more than a few storeys high, must be painted white and the gloss paint must be blue or green. So it is uniformly pretty and well kept. And no horrible high rise hotels.

Timanfaya is the wierdest place I have ever been too....lunar landscape. Went on a camel ride....the camels are bad tempered, they spit and fart and I hope the one that carried both myself and the partner of the day (combined weight of 35 stone) is still suffering!!!!!! :D

Get off the tourist trap stuff and visit some of the little villages....if there are any left!!! Find some local markets and have a good holiday. :)

I've been 4 times and loved the peace and tranquility of the island, if you stay away from the touristy bits that is.

As someone else has said, you can see the main tourist bits in a couple of days but there are lots of nice walks on the island. If you enjoy walking get hold of Landscapes of Lanzarote which details the walks and how to start and finish using public transport.

There are also nice local restaurants in the outlying villages plus one which makes its own wine.

Do a search for Lanzorote in thread titles using the advanced search facility to the left for other threads on the island.

Archived