Anyone been to Lanzarote?

Lanzegrotty is ok, I suppose. I have only ever been the once and stayed on yacht in a marina in small place called puerto colero? Erm, there are parts of it I didn't like, but travelling further afield and seeing the countryside and the volcanic national park were awesome!!

Been to playa blanca a few years ago and it was nice.

We stayed at the Playa Flamingo apartments which are right on golden sand beach which its protected from the sea (which now looks to be disappearing into the sea)

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=28.857369,-13.841164&spn=0.007264,0.009978&t=h&z=17&om=1

Golden sand......though I suppose playa blanca does mean white beach.....can't remember if I visited when I went 20 years ago.

Stayed in Puerto del Carmen....and having looked at the google map I think the black sand is still there though I must admit that the town has become quite built up. Can't even find the place I stayed in (which was fairly new when I stayed there).....must have been demolished to make way for new development.

we know the hotel we want to stay in (papagayo arena) and its 4 star with lots to do for the kids.

been through so many brochures and websites to find the best one for us...:hihi:

My girlfriend stayed in the Papagayo Arena on her 1st visit to Lanzarote, it's a fairly recently build & it's definately lives up to it's 4 star tag.

The lovely Papagayo beaches are just a short walk from your hotel, there is a nude beach too! :hihi:

As for the island itself I can't understand it's derogarative nickname, it's not a green place but it's got a endearing quality.

Hope you have a lovely time!

I went a few years ago, with my ex. We stayed in Costa Teguise - they had a fabulous Italian restaurant then, who sold the best Tiramisu I've ever eaten.

There was always a nice breeze to keep you from getting too hot and the beaches were not crowded (although I think we went outside of school holidays). You can rent bikes and ride into the volcano or go snorkling.

You can pick up some great electrical bargains - but do your homework before you go - know what you want and how much it is here.

My girlfriend stayed in the Papagayo Arena on her 1st visit to Lanzarote, it's a fairly recently build & it's definately lives up to it's 4 star tag.

The lovely Papagayo beaches are just a short walk from your hotel, there is a nude beach too! :hihi:

As for the island itself I can't understand it's derogarative nickname, it's not a green place but it's got a endearing quality.

Hope you have a lovely time!

thanks, im sure we will have a great time even though it is months away and i cant wait already..:hihi:.

as for the nudist beach...i better get the blidfolds out for the kids..lol

Most of it is blown there. The sand dunes (mini desert) in Gran Canaria is made up of sand blown over.

Watching a proggy on discovery the other night and after years of thinking exactly that, scientists have now proved that the samd dunes are naturally formed from the island, and not been blown over from the Saraha

Archived