Anyone been to Lanzarote?

The trip to Timanfaya national park isn't that expensive if you DONT book it via the rep, from memory i think it was about £50 for 4 of us, look for a local travel shop and book with them and save yourself about 30%

Someone on here said about electrical goods, all i will say, is BE CAREFULL, as there are a LOT of rip off electrical shops in the canaries, but overall, prices for food/drink is LOADS cheaper, and fags, well they are just plain silly prices, about £10/€15 for 200 :love::love:

• 3 years later...

Agree with most comments above. A week is plenty of time to see all, if you have a car.

Liked Playa Blanca as best resort.

Best to get up quite early to visit places as get busy. Especially the Timanfya (volcanic) park. Then have an afternoon to relax on the beach. Best beaches are near Playa Blanca at Papagayo. 3 euro toll but then choice of several beaches. All seem to be 'clothing optional'. Great friendly atmoshere on the beaches.

You'll only find the black sand on the one beach at El Golfo on the west coast. The beaches around Papagayo are wonderful and very unspoilt - although I'd recommend hiring a car to visit them - and the many other sights.

Great place for a family holiday - kids warmly welcomed in restuarants.

Archived