Appalling Sheffield Clubs

Robbie Loving

Originally posted by NATALIESHEFF

from this planet on mondays and wednesdays only. joking! back on the subject though - where is good to go dancing in sheffield it seems to have died off lots. late night bars all good, but its hardly an all night groove

OMG

how is that back on the subject?

Originally posted by Andy C

I've found on the rare occassion I've been out late with friends mid-week that the only club that will let us non-students in is Spearmint Rhino!

Even they have a student night on tuesdays where it is "student only"

i believe somebody once told me that, i'd never go in :hihi:

I think the problem is the bouncers, if you asked the clubs i bet they would claim there are no such policies. One thing about groups of lads though. i was waiting for a lift outside republic at about 1am one saturday and watching the people going in. If a couple of lads walked up to the entrance the bouncers just opened the gate at the top and waved them out without even saying anything. If a couple of girls walked up the same queue they just let them in, see the power has gone to their heads!

I am a Sheffield local, born and bred, but I am currently a student studying in Southampton. So do you loathe me, or like me? My position, as you will see, is firmly on the fence.

Firstly, I have had a series of tedious and laborious jobs in order to fund myself. As I'm 'down south', the rent for my house is astronomically high, and my loan doesn't cover even half of it, never mind my extortionate tuition fees. Therefore, student nights both at home and down here are very welcome.

However, aside from slagging off all students as though they are some sort of distinct pot-noodle eating offshoot of the human race, I agree that sometimes student only nights can be annoying. I visited my friends in Southampton this summer for a birthday outing and brought along some none-student mates from Sheffield. They couldn't get in the club, the night was almost ruined, and it was pretty much a wasted trip of over 500 miles! And this was in August!

Don't forget though, a lot of this stems from unsympathetic bouncers that get a kick out of turning people away.

I was out a few weeks ago with about 70 people + all from the Fire Service and we tried to get in Leadmill on a Tuesday night after we had booked out Walkabout and they wouldn't let us in because they said it was 'students only' I wouldn't have minded so much but it wasn't even busy inside and there was no queue, we tried everything to get in but they still wouldn't let us. They must have waisted £100's not letting us in :confused:

So most people went home and a few of us went to Halycon instead.

Archived