Appalling Sheffield Clubs

Robbie Loving

Originally posted by mjlacey21

fez was part of element/po na na and will have closed when it did

Originally posted by NATALIESHEFF

ANY CHANCE OF IT REOPENING?? IT WAS QUITE GROOVY IN THERE, NICE MIX OF PEOPLE - VERY CHILLED

Hmm, you didn't notice the wielding of knives and gang fights then? or is that frisson of danger which made it cool?

Students run this town now.....they get all the Clubs for their cheesey weekday nights, practically exclusively, as no one else gets past Mr Doorman. They get all the best bar offers on production of a Union card. Mr Average Sheffielder is practically barred from Clubs unless its a weekend, as the Clubs are hungry for those 18-21 yr olds waving their Switch cards about. Lets face it, they RULE.

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Students run this town now.....they get all the Clubs for their cheesey weekday nights, practically exclusively, as no one else gets past Mr Doorman. They get all the best bar offers on production of a Union card. Mr Average Sheffielder is practically barred from Clubs unless its a weekend, as the Clubs are hungry for those 18-21 yr olds waving their Switch cards about. Lets face it, they RULE.

I think this is a little harsh. As I stated in my previous post, I am both a student AND Mr. Average Sheffielder.

People are starting to mock students because it's the fashionable thing to do. For eight months of the year or so, Sheffield is a very big student city, like so many other towns across the country.

In my experience of drinking in Sheffield as a local (i.e. in the summer) I've seen a lot more trouble and violence than on your average student night during term time. Admittedly, exclusion of local residents from a vast array of venues is a problem, but as I said before this is largely executed at the bouncers' discretion.

Originally posted by missrabbit

i thought this was about the best and worst clubs? The worst is area 51 without a doubt (if its still called that or hasn't had a re-name yet again to try to fool us into thinking its somewhere new and good).

read the origional post

imo ALL Sheffield clubs are awful. Souless, dire, squalid, pits....

dreadful music, drunk students/townies and bad bouncers

poor drinks

terrible...

Originally posted by robbie

imo ALL Sheffield clubs are awful. Souless, dire, squalid, pits....

dreadful music, drunk students/townies and bad bouncers

poor drinks

terrible...

Could be worse though.

Try living in Southampton like me...

Archived