Appalling Sheffield Clubs

Robbie Loving

Originally posted by missrabbit

i thought this was about the best and worst clubs? The worst is area 51 without a doubt (if its still called that or hasn't had a re-name yet again to try to fool us into thinking its somewhere new and good).

What was Area 51 has *dramatically* changed - its now called Zero and is probably the only club in Sheffield to host nights that are a bit different (Urban Gorilla, Razor Stilleto, Planet Zogg etc). And it is quite good!

Back on topic -a lot of clubs in manchester used to require NUS cards - even on fri nights - didnt realise Sheffield was the same. the logic - for right or wrong - was so students felt comfortable there and - presumeably so it was only other students that would be taken advantage of the ****** up students in there.

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Sorry then, BOUNCERS RULE.

Except you think they may be briefed by the Management?

Of course they are briefed by the management, but as it has already been mentioned in this thread, some people have made it into 'student nights' without having to produce a valid NUS card. I have non-student mates that don't seem to have any problems going out in Sheffield, but occasionally are turned away by the door-staff for ridiculous reasons.

In my opinion, student orientated nights aren't all that fantastic anyway. The so-called money saving offers aren't exactly astounding. The best thing about them is that it offers people a chance to mix with others of the same age. Single youngsters out on the pull don't want to be surrounded by middle-aged married couples.

There's room enough in Sheffield to have venues for students, venues for locals, and venues for both, and there are enough days in the week to alternate the nights around.

I'd better stop now. This fence is starting to chafe my buttocks.

Originally posted by Pilon

There's room enough in Sheffield to have venues for students, venues for locals, and venues for both, and there are enough days in the week to alternate the nights around.

EXACTLY

but what im saying the 3 "big" clubs in sheffield, are for students only!!

A student night is good for business.

Generally they don't cause as much trouble as townie kids who would go in otherwise (you can accuse me of snobbery if you like, but I'm sure thats true) and a lot of them are spending mummy and daddy's money like there is no tomorrow.

Hey I've managed to insult both townies and students.

good going, eh?!

Originally posted by missrabbit

i thought this was about the best and worst clubs? The worst is area 51 without a doubt (if its still called that or hasn't had a re-name yet again to try to fool us into thinking its somewhere new and good).

I think you are a bit out of date here miss rabbit. I agree, area 51 was unbelievably bad but now, as club zero, there has been a real improvement. New owners now manage the club. First Saturday of every month there is Razor Stiletto (local and nation bands) and the venue also holds gigs that were due to have been played at the now closed fez club. I'm think they do still have some dodgy nights but they also offer some alternative entertainment and are quite well linked to the local live music scene. I can imagine how hard it must be though in that part of town and it is really close to that disgusting purple bar.

Last month at HUSTLE we had a fantastic mix of people, including a lot more students than I expected. Traditionally our night is lots of girl only parties or 20 something couples. Maybe it was because we had Danny Kwang from Speed Queen which does atract a slightly younger audience.

Suffice to say all are welcome to HUSTLE as long as your not a Burberry wearing chav.

Nov 20th HUSTLE @ .Zero. Slammin Boys Galaxy Network Tour

SoulfulFunkyHouseMusic

Originally posted by Yodameister

A student night is good for business.

Generally they don't cause as much trouble as townie kids who would go in otherwise (you can accuse me of snobbery if you like, but I'm sure thats true) and a lot of them are spending mummy and daddy's money like there is no tomorrow.

Hey I've managed to insult both townies and students.

good going, eh?!

I work on the doors at one of the student pubs in town and i agree with you totally. When i have worked some of the cities other venues that are seen as "local" there has alot more trouble.

If your looking for the worst venue in sheff (now the arches is closed) look no further than Kingdom. It's a Dump full of idiots and very expensive.

Rant over.

Archived