Bars for sale/to let on West STreet

goldenfleece

Noticed quite a few West STreet bars for sale or up for rent. Strange.....would have thought these places would have been raking it in, being on the most popular bar circuit in SHeffield. THE BEDROOM, and V BAR to name but 2 are for grabs......these places are rammed solid at the weekends so they must be making money.......80's BAR also looked as it had closed down...

A friend of a friend has just moved into a "luxury" apartment on West Street. He said that the unit below his block of flats is still empty (after nearly 2 years) because every time someone tries to buy it to open a pub or restaurant the tenants complain it will make too much noise and they don't get permission. I imagine this might be what is happeneing with the other bars on West Street.

Personally, I don't see the point of living in town then complaining about the noise at night, surely you expect that ?

Originally posted by GazB

Back of the net :D

The Bedroom is up for sale? It's not long since been refurbished!

I know.....its crazy....someone is obviously in a rush to get out. Perhaps the takings are not as high as they appear......the place was rammed out last Saturday night.......but, its empty every other night apparently.....

It's odd how the bars change so fast on West Street now, years ago there were about 8 pubs that had been there forever, and never changed. I think the drinking population has changed on West Street and the weekday drinkers have gone somewhere else since the old pubs became more "trendy" (for want of a better word).

Archived