Bars for sale/to let on West STreet

goldenfleece

It's VERY difficult to make a profit in pubs and bars. Turnover is nowhere near how it seems. Rates are really incidental, as is rent, if it is successful. The biggest cost is staff.

Revolution ( a success) can do £20k on a Saturday, but they would be lucky to do £2k in the week. Thye have a mainly bottle business so the yield is probably quite in excess of 100%, with a GP of maybe 70%+?

Kirky, as a comparable, what were you doing? I'd guess around £5-6k a week? Yield 95 - 96%? GP 60%?

Originally posted by boyface

I passed the bedroom last night....I think its just the office space above it thats for sale/lease....not the pub itself?

Oh thats a relief. I only saw a blurred TO LET sign when I came out after having had 2 Screaming Orgasms.......(there most tasty cocktail mix). At least they might continue to run the rock night then, as it was such a refreshing change from bland bland bland rest of West Street

I'm the manager of the BEDROOM on West Street, and dont worry cats and kittens we're not for sale, it is the offices upstairs.

As for only being busy @weekends i can confirm that we have a good crowd in each nite of the week, due to our varied entertainment programme,which as golden fleece states contains Rock Nite on a monday.

Live bands on Tuesdays

Speed garage & Bassslines on wednesday

Pound nite and requests on thursdays

Old Skool Dj's Friday

Party nite dj's saturday

Karaoke sundays.

Next month we've even got a hip-hop battle nite.

Its the busiest its ever been and we're looking to extend the hours early new year...You Lucky People

Cheers,

Donal.

Archived